Sign in to follow this  
Nfus

Sound Issue

First of all I would like to congratulate with PMDG as this plane is FANTASTIC! I have only a couple of minor issues: The first one is related to the sound:I basically can hear only the engines, all other "effects" are mute:no clicks when push/move knobs, no ventilations, no callouts, no flaps movements, nothing apart from engines.Sometimes during the flight these sounds come up to desappear soon afterward. The second "problem" is concerning the 2D panel which is displayed only in widescreen.I read throught the forum this is something happened to other customers but I could not catch a clear answer on how to obtain a 2D panel in 4:3 format. On my FSX.cfg the line isn already:WideViewAspect=False Thanksfor your help Nick

I found something that maybe can head someone to help me out. I use a multimonitor system, one screen for outside view and second for instruments.When I click on the outside view all sounds come up ok, as soon as i click on any instrument (Second monitor) the cockpit effects disappear and only engines can be heard. Thanks for your support Nick

I found something that maybe can head someone to help me out. I use a multimonitor system, one screen for outside view and second for instruments. When I click on the outside view all sounds come up ok, as soon as i click on any instrument (Second monitor) the cockpit effects disappear and only engines can be heard. Thanks for your support Nick
Same here! Though I use one monitor for main 2D panel and another for overhead and FMC. Have all sounds working fine in the main panel, but once clicking in the second monitor all sound is gone. Thorbjørn

I also have a (maybe) related sound issue. When I'm in the VC and shut down the engines and electrical power (cold and dark), the sound goes away (ofcourse) but when I then go to an other view mode and then back to the VC most of those sounds are back again and only audiable in the VC. Regards, Edwin Osterloh

I also have a (maybe) related sound issue. When I'm in the VC and shut down the engines and electrical power (cold and dark), the sound goes away (ofcourse) but when I then go to an other view mode and then back to the VC most of those sounds are back again and only audiable in the VC. Regards, Edwin Osterloh
Also, same here. Think that is a common FSX issue. Try hitting Q twise, works for me.

Edwin, Your issue is the classic FSX sound bug when changing views - just press "Q" twice to quickly reset the sounds after you change views. Nick, We are trying to find a solution for this - as mentioned it happens when you click away from the main flight sim window. Thanks,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Thanks guys.I have completed an online flight and this plane is just the DB! Nick

for the sound issue i've seen that using my second screen(touch screen) to use FMC with the hands make the engine sound going off!this happend when i click on the second monitor and the first monitor lost the focus.after that, if i make a click on the first monitor, the sound come back!

for the sound issue i've seen that using my second screen(touch screen) to use FMC with the hands make the engine sound going off!this happend when i click on the second monitor and the first monitor lost the focus.after that, if i make a click on the first monitor, the sound come back!
This happens to me too but I think this is not the way it should work...Can this "problem" be solved with something we can do ourselves or it will need un update from PMDG?Nick

The same here. As soon as I click on the overhead panel on the second monitor, PMDG sounds are muted, remaining only FSX sounds. Clicking back on the first monitor, PMDG sounds return. This issue has never happened before with other actf. Hope this is not due to the ol' FSX change-view-sound-bug and PMDG guys fix this quickly. RegardsHeron Jr

Heron Jr

800driver.jpg

There's an issue that hitting Q wont fix. I've had the APU sound on in a cold and dark set up. I had to power up the plane with ground power, then it disengages the APU and you can turn off ground power and hear the APU spool down.

Chris Hicks