Sign in to follow this  
kgmrfresh

NGX no buttons and screens!

My NGX has no buttons, textures, or displays. The only thing that works right now is the sound. I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times today. I havent even seen any where to put an activation code that everyone is talking about. After I ran the installer it says its successfully installed. I have no clue what to do. Ive sent a support question but with no response. Any ideas? here are some pics. Kyle Greene

First of all, did you install while logged in as "Administrator"? You should also run FSX as "Administrator". Secondly, there are no pictures in your post. Finally, you should send in a support ticket at the PMDG website. That will get you speedy assistance.

When you start FSX you get serveral pop-up's. Accept all of them, then select the PMDG 737NGX in your aircraft menu and a pop-up should come with a activation menu. There you insert your 24 digit serial you recived via email and you should be fine.

I didn't recieve any pop ups when I started FSX. I have the activation code but have not seen anywhere to put is and I did send in a service request but have not received anything. I ran the installer and fsx as an administrator. It wont let me post the pictures. HELP

That should be something with your system i suppose, did the installer finish normaly? Either way i would recommend to make a ticket at PMDG.

The installer said it installed correctly. It installed the direct X afterward too. That was all it did. I didn't receive any more pop ups and any place to put the activation key.

Same here for me ..... no activation window :-( black screen´s no button´s ! ........ bit anoying but hope that the pmdg team is replay my support ticket soon :-)

If you didn't get the activation window then that's the problem. You need to uninstall and reinstall. Won't work until you activate.

Done it like u said, removed all the stuff ... regestry entries ... ALL folders ..... clean the reg with a cleaner. After that i installed the NGX with admin rights und stratet fsx with rights too .... but still no window ?! EDIT: Can the Activation window opend manually ??

I got the same problem no activation window after i installed the NGX. I re-installed the NGX 3 times and even re-installed Windows XP and FSX. But still no activation window! I might try and download the package again from PMDG and then see if it works. Hell this is anoying Jason Richards

Jason Richards

I have the same problem.Rolling%20Eyes.gifI am running the programs as administrator.I have uninstalled and re-installed both PMDG 737 ngx and FSX all to no avail..There is no activation window.RegardsTertius

I had a similar problem - my DLL.XML file was corrupted, fixing it made the problem go away. There's a guide on the PMDG Support Knowledge Base to walk you through fixing it. Robert Ewing