Sign in to follow this  
Chris_FL

FSX Crash - Fatal Error - On selection of PMDG 737NGX

Hello and thanks in advance, When I fire up FSX and select the 737NGX aircraft in Free Flight, it loads the 3D model and then crashes FSX with a "Fatal Error occured" message. The contents of the error are below. This is a relatively clean install of FSX, I have reloaded the Level D 767, REX2, and UT USA. My troubleshooting has consisted of doing a repair on the NGX install, uninstalling and reinstalling, redownloading and reinstalling from a clean download. All other aircraft appear to work normally. Any ideas? Problem signature:Problem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: fsx.exeApplication Version: 10.0.61472.0Application Timestamp: 475e17d3Fault Module Name: PMDG_737NGX.DLLFault Module Version: 1.0.0.0Fault Module Timestamp: 4e3afb98Exception Code: c0000005Exception Offset: 00057590OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48Locale ID: 1033Additional information about the problem:LCID: 1033 Chris

Looks like I had both of those installed already. The first wouldn't install because my version was the same or higher, the second offered me a repair option so I ran that, still no go. I also noticed I was running the 11.2 Catalyst drivers and updated to the 11.7, no go either.

Make sure it's loading in VC mode. After reading the manual I realized it needs to start in VC to initialize systems. I started in VC, but then moved to external and it CTD with that same error.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm not even getting to the point of being able to load into the game. Just in the menu setting up the flight is where FSX is crashing. Under "Free Flight" if I change option 1 (Current Aircraft) to the NGX (any of the four available options) FSX crashes after loading the 3D preview model.

Fernando, thanks for the suggestion. This afternoon I renamed my existing fsx.cfg, fired up FSX and let it rebuild a new FSX config. Then I closed FSX, added in the HIGHMEMFIX=1 and changed the textures to 4096, the fired it back up. I still have the same issue with crashes when I select any of the 737NGX aircraft though. :(

Apparently I had a really borked fsx.cfg file, because I was unable to use ******* Altuve's cfg tool, but now that I had it recreated the tool works fine. So I think it's time to reinstall FSX and try it without mods.

A clean reinstall has resolved this issue. I have not added REX2 or Ultimate Terrain or Ultimate Traffic back, but will add those one at a time and see if the issue creeps back up. Thanks for all the suggestions.

I had this issue with NGX for two days. I uninstalled all my PMDG aircraft and reinstalled them one by one. It was interesting to note that on reinstalling the installer informed me that there was a problem with the MS Visual C++ 2008 redistributable and offered me the opportunity to repair the files. This cleared up the issue and I am now zipping around problem free with this great aircraft. I presume that if you did not wish to uninstall the PMDG aircraft you could use the control panel uninstall programs option and try each MS Visual C++ 2008 redisributable file in the list and carry out a repair option if offered. My system has eleven listed and I do not know which ones PMDG use. I hope this will help some of you resolve your issue of "Fatal error" on loadiing thre 737NGX or for that matter any of the PMDG FSX aircraft.

Hi all, I too am having this problem. I have tried the DX9 and Visual C++ installers, new FSX.cfg, and complete uninstall and reinstall of the NGX, all to no avail. This morning it was working fine but less than three hours later it gets the crash. It started to crash after I installed new liveries and tried to select them in FSX. Now none of the variants will work. Can anyone help?