Sign in to follow this  
Chris_FL

FSX Crash - Fatal Error - On selection of PMDG 737NGX

Hey, I experienced the same problem. After enabling the UAC the problem was resolved. Perhaps the NGX isn't compatible with an disabled UAC. With best regards, Constantin

Hey, I experienced the same problem. After enabling the UAC the problem was resolved. Perhaps the NGX isn't compatible with an disabled UAC. With best regards, Constantin
I'm afraid that's unlikely, as I disabled UAC immediately after installing Win 7 64-bit, and I'm running the NGX with no problems.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Check for multiple pmdg dll entries in your fsx.cfg. that fixes the ctd problem for me. If the gauges are listed more than once, I get the CTD. If I delete them and let FSX ask me to ok them again, it goes away.

Chris Hicks

i must say that i am a little frustrated at the moment . No problems regarding the NGX before Hotfix besides OOM and after installing the Hotfix i have CTD. time used in WIN7 tweek department is more than time i use on the runway (sadly). Hopes we can find some time to actually fly this plain without so many problems with Win 7 etc etc. FSX is not the best platform ha? /Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Thanks to a cluttered desk I discovered the cause of this. If my yoke has any pressure on it when the preview model of the NGX is being loaded it will crash. I can replicate this over and over. This also occurs after a flight when coming back to the FSX menu.

Chris_FL, I can replicate this too thanks to your comment, even after an fresh install of Win7 and FSX. I 'solved' it by tweaking the null zones in the Win7 joystick control panel, so that all (slight) movement is in the null range. That solved the crashes for me. Jeroen

I have same problem after hotfix. I have been starting free flt with saved flight that loads the ifly 737/airport/wx etc, and then changing to the PMDG NGX with the "select aircraft" option. Loading another jet this way works quickly and you don't have to unplug hardware-- I guess we are stuck until the real problem is actually figured out and solved. I'm going to look at the other options like repair .net or vb platforms, whatever those things in the other post were as well... dave

Just a suggestion guys but I notice a lot of you have your hardware configs in your taglines. But I hardly ever see anyone include what controllers they are using with their hardware. That would probably be very useful info? Don't forget that some controllers cause the NGX to crash on start up. Mainly the X52 and X52 Pro as well as some other ones. It only takes a couple seconds to test it. So try loading the NGX with your USB controllers un-plugged and if it loads then plug them back in. This does not happen all the time for me, but if I close FSX in a weird way that it does not like then it will happen the next time I load up the NGX. (I have the Saitek X52 Pro and Saitek Rudder Pedals)

Hi, Been having this problem for over a week now. The PMDG 737NGX will not work with my two video boards and three monitors, all other aircraft (default & addon) work fine. My hardware: VRAC Throttle Quad, PFC Column Yoke and Revolution Rudder Pedals. I've pretty much given up until a Service Pack is released, if that doesn't work, I'll just have to do without the PMDG 737NGX. Been working on this 6 to 8 hours a day for over a week, I'm out of ideas.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Hi, Been there, done that numerous days ago. It doesn't work.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Thanks to a cluttered desk I discovered the cause of this. If my yoke has any pressure on it when the preview model of the NGX is being loaded it will crash. I can replicate this over and over. This also occurs after a flight when coming back to the FSX menu.
I was able to reproduce this also.Have never had a problem loading my NGX, but if I was pushing in any direction on my yoke, I got that same fatal error message and FSX crashed trying to load the plane.I think this is the core issue.

Just a suggestion guys but I notice a lot of you have your hardware configs in your taglines. But I hardly ever see anyone include what controllers they are using with their hardware. That would probably be very useful info?Don't forget that some controllers cause the NGX to crash on start up. Mainly the X52 and X52 Pro as well as some other ones. It only takes a couple seconds to test it. So try loading the NGX with your USB controllers un-plugged and if it loads then plug them back in. This does not happen all the time for me, but if I close FSX in a weird way that it does not like then it will happen the next time I load up the NGX. (I have the Saitek X52 Pro and Saitek Rudder Pedals)
This is happening to me as well. Seems to be connected to my TQ GoFlight Throttle.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"