Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

For the user defined module functions, if there was a simple way to add an aditional (or more than one) action file to the A/C configuration folder and include them like the ones in "moduleslindalibs" so that upgrading the "base" module doesn't overwrite the user definitions for a particular A/C... I guess the challenge would be in making the GUI aware of that, able to locate and assign functions defined in those "alternate" action lua files
You can use lib-user.lua library for storing user defined functions. Rename _lib-user.lua to lib-user.lua in FSX/Modules/linda/libs folder. This file will not be replaced with LINDA updates. And you can split this file into parts dedicated to specific aircrafts with markers:-- ## NGX ####-- some functions for NGX-- some functions for NGX-- some functions for NGX-- ## JS41 #####-- some functions for JS41-- some functions for JS41-- some functions for JS41And so on...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Yes, I know that Artem. I already have some generic functions there for knob acceleration and other stuff.Actually one could also add them to the libs folder in a custom lib-myFunctions.lua right? that would be simply dropping a file or a number of them there and off we go

Just to ilustrate what I mean:lindacustomfunctions.pngSo it can be done, but those libs are loaded no matter what A/C is active in FSX, unlike the A/C specific action.lua. Overtime the libs folder could be clogged with custom files, making it hard to work with it.

Dario, there's a thread in the Support sub-forum where Guenther gives me some pointers on how to use Tracer more effectively. My issue was that while the manual describes nicely how to find the functions, I was unclear on what to do with that information. I usually sim on the weekends only, so I will try playing with this in a few days.

Dario, there's a thread in the Support sub-forum where Guenther gives me some pointers on how to use Tracer more effectively. My issue was that while the manual describes nicely how to find the functions, I was unclear on what to do with that information. I usually sim on the weekends only, so I will try playing with this in a few days.
Ok, just found it. If I can help you somehow just let me know

I got a little problem with 1.1b5 and 2.0b module, MCP1. CRS rotary knob doesn't work until i choose something else for that and save, then choosing back the previous value and re-save working great, but how to force it to work from start? any suggestions?

I got a little problem with 1.1b5 and 2.0b module, MCP1. CRS rotary knob doesn't work until i choose something else for that and save, then choosing back the previous value and re-save working great, but how to force it to work from start? any suggestions?
Will check it this weekend.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Dear experts,I love LINDA!! What a perfect piece of software have you written!!I just upgraded my 737NGX to SP1. Yesterday I made a nice flight but the Combodid not responded to all what I expected so I decided to dwonload the LINDA upgrades.From that moment on there is no control function anymore. I also upgraded to the newestFUIPC version.Can you please assist with the following error :My version : MCP Combo 1 + 737NGX 2.0b + 1.1B// 30 august 2011 (mentioned at settings page but used just unzipped v1.1b5.FUIPC version 4.745Error :LUA Error : J;FSXModuleslinda/system/init.lua:53: attempt to concatenate a nil valueThere is no reponse at all from mu combo1 .Kind regards,Frans

concerning Dials / Fast DialsI copied from and overwrote to actions.lua v1.3 thev1.2 actions.luafunction NGX_AP_ALT_inc ()function NGX_AP_HDG_inc ()function NGX_AP_ALT_inc ()etcand now the MCP (v.1) dialsdo FAST again2cts

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

If someones is wondering ... NGX module 2.0b is part of the download of LINDA 1.1b4!
And where is it really? I don't see ANY NGX nodule there - neither in 1.1b4 nor 1b5...Whistle.gifOskar

hmmm... when I download the beta version, there is a NGX module in the linda folder. Whistle.gifJust copy that complete zip into your modules folder and overwrite!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oskar, it was in my message: http://fs-linda.com/downloads/LINDA-v1.1b5.zipWill update the top post when module will be out of beta.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

hmmm... when I download the beta version, there is a NGX module in the linda folder. Whistle.gifJust copy that complete zip into your modules folder and overwrite!
Ja ja, ok. I was thinking that it was referred to a Macro (which in fact does not exist for the NGX as I see). Nevertheless nothing is working anymore on my end since the NGX SP1 was installed.Oskar

Nevertheless nothing is working anymore on my end since the NGX SP1 was installed.
THat is doubtless very sad, but I very wonder about how this could be.I have absolute no problem after SP1 ...Hmmm... we'll better wait what Master Artem tells us ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester