Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Thx that you will help me indeed something has changed and in the Linda console, the last item says Ready to go,Captain. In the MCP screen I have - SPD INFO - HDG - ALT. Rotating knobs change on the display but not on the Aircraft
means there is a bad connect with lua.exe / actions.luasure the proper aircraft definitions is loaded in Lua? hit the SYNC to show Orange
Pushing some buttons gives a message in the console example MCP MODE 2: Empty command for : : F/D UP or DSP MODE toggle:2
same, bad connection hereagain: sure the proper aircraft definitions is loaded in Lua? Lua should do this Auto, but perhaps needs a resetor rebind the missing commands and see what happenswhat really should happen is (kind of) is a rediscovery by lua of its own settings (in my opinion)reload / recopy / restartand all of a sudden (with me) it will work again

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

I have been away for a bit and saw that there now was a SP1 for the PMDG. I downloaded that, and thought that I'd better check what was new with LINDA, latested module I found was 1.3 from Oct 1 (Is it really correct that no changes were needed for SP1, or did I miss a newer version somewhere?).I also checked LINDA version, and since I already had 1.3 that seemed ok, I updated FSUIPC though.Now it no longer works :(I get the following message in the log:[iNIT] Loading...Aircraft: PMDG 737-800NGX PMDG House WingletsAircraft module detected: PMDG 737NGXAivlaSoft library loaded...FSX standard library loaded...RealityXP library loaded...A2A MAP library loaded...Advanced Weather Interface Enabled[E] *** LUA Error: ...or Xmoduleslinda/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/actions.lua:1311: attempt to call global 'DspVVSs' (a nil value)Any idea what I am doing wrong? I am using MCP v1.Oh... Did the SP help us in any way? Are the displays updating correctly now?Helge

Helge Rasmussen

Oh... Did the SP help us in any way? Are the displays updating correctly now?
my pmdg737NGX can now toggle to 2 modes- sync with/drive the NGX MCP (for input)- display the flightparameters (speed, VS, alt) (when your drinking coffee in the VC)so yours should too

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Guest jahman
...[E] *** LUA Error: ...or Xmoduleslinda/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX/actions.lua:1311: attempt to call global 'DspVVSs' (a nil value)
...Current versions are LUA v. 1.1b6 and PMDG N-737 NGX v. 2.0b2 (both available here).Cheers,- jahman.

Very strange Linda control screen : everything is ok ...combo settings enabled ; Type MCP2(Boeing) mention Looking good..... Linda Console Module PMDG 737NGX started ... Ready to go CaptainIn the aircraft changing SPD or HDG or ALT change the numbers in the combo window........ but rotating the knobs on the combo does not change anything in the aircraft .... it works only in one way and i have no luck it is the wrong oneI have no explanation for that; perhaps you have

If running Win7 be sure to serve admin rights to LINDA and your FSX. To do this, right click on the exe-file choose compatibility and check the box near " Run as Admin"(Not sure if this are the right terms cause I use a german Windows.)

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

.... but rotating the knobs on the combo does not change anything in the aircraft .... it works only in one way and i have no luck it is the wrong oneI have no explanation for that; perhaps you have
start by rebinding a dial (like ALT)fist 'remove setting' (or whatever its called) // SAVEset proper (again) (1Up/1Dwn, only need 1 test setting) // SAVEtestif 1 dial works now .. do the rest, if not, you got a real problemyou dont have VRInsight software loaded? you shouldnt

EURIKAIt works perfect now, al push and rotary knobs do what is expected.Dont ask me what was wrong before. I dont know,I carefully uninstalled everithing Linda, software from the MCP etc and reinstalled everything with new downloadsAnd voila all is OKThx to all for your support it was very helpfull

Hello René,Very happy everything works fine now.I wish you happy flights :-))MarcPS :@majapahit : could you explain a little more your "start by rebinding a dial" ; where must I go to do that ? Thx in advance.

Best Regards

Marc Manandise

Windows 10 PRO

PS :@majapahit : could you explain a little more your "start by rebinding a dial" ; where must I go to do that ?
for my MCPhttp://forum.avsim.n...lcome-to-linda/the first picI can remember with version NGX module changing, HDG or ALT had the same 'HDG plus' or 'ALT plus' and I had to change ++A to 'HDG plusfast' etc.I also noticed, it was better to 'Remove' first & 'Save', before setting a new value & Linda had to be working properly allready.Nowadays I actually use Mode2 definitions and thats a lot of 'bindings' to make and test (Panel popups on USER Mode2 etc doubling with Lights)For NGX I have the flaps doubling on EFIS MINS - because flaps NGX wont define properly on a FSuipc definition Throtlle Quadrant Axis (and in NGX procedure flow it was the spare DIAL left, when I set landing minimum already before takeoff tongue.png )2 cts

Hello, everyone,Sorry for long delay with release. I'm now finishing with v1.1 final version and will publish it in a couple of days (or sooner).

Also when an active VOR/DME is tuned in NAV1/2 if you go to the DME1 or 2 page there is a corrupt character at the end of the ILS/VOR name, see the image below to highlight what I mean. Corrupt character is after MCT.
Fixed.
  • After an altitude change (FLC or VS) the display reverts back to N1, but it should to SPD (FMC Speed).
  • When switching from HDG to LNAV the * mark next to the selected course doesn't blank out. (as far as I understand, this * indicates the currently active mode, so LNAV should replace it?!)

I'm not sure about wrong N1 indication. Can anyone confirm this issue?As for the second [*] mark near the heading value is shown when HDG HLD indication on NGX MCP is ON. When you engage HDG HLD mode first and then engage LNAV mode HDG HLD mode button on NGX panel is still on (backlighted). That's why [*] mark is shown on VRI MCP too. If you will disengage HDG HLD while in LNAV, [*] mark will disappear too.========The other issue mentioned is DME/CRS rotary doesn't work on RADIOS block of MCP1. Yes, it doesn't work and will not. The problem is that we cannot send values to RADIOS/CRS display on MCP1, we can only read them, so these numbers will always be out of sync with NGX.Back to coding now...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

I'm not sure about wrong N1 indication. Can anyone confirm this issue?
I made two photos to show what I mean:During FLC Climb (everything's fine):01.jpgWhen reaching ALT, N1 reverts back to MCP SPD on the MCP and PFD in FSX, but not on the VRi MCP (still showing N1*):02.jpg
When you engage HDG HLD mode first and then engage LNAV mode HDG HLD mode button on NGX panel is still on (backlighted).
Well, at least my NGX behave differently. Pressing LNAV blanks out the HDG SEL Button on my FSX NGX MCP.

Robert Budde
Visit FSXWX for a free and immersive weather engine!

Robert,Thanks for screen shots, will fix the "N1" issue.HDG/LNAV issue needs some more investigation, but I will try to fix it anyway.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Robert,Both AP indication issues should be solved now, but need some testing.Updated NGX module is now a part of LINDA v1.1 release package: http://fs-linda.com/downloads/LINDA-v1.1.zip

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Great! I will test it tomorrow and will report back to you.Thanks again!

Robert Budde
Visit FSXWX for a free and immersive weather engine!