Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Since I do have LINDA, but do not have an MCP Combo module, is it possible to edit the LUA file in this package so I can assign its functions to my M Panel using 'vanilla' FSUIPC? I'd really, really appreciate it!! :)

Hi Guys: Thanks for the work as always but noticed the numbers on the panel do not match what I am seeing on the aircraft panel, am I missing something ? Regards, Rich

Rich Sennett

Hi Guys: Thanks for the work as always but noticed the numbers on the panel do not match what I am seeing on the aircraft panel, am I missing something ? Regards, Rich
No you aren't missing anything Richard, its simply not possible at this time to sync the displays without the SDK that PMDG has being promising us.

Cheers, Andy.

is it possible to edit the LUA file in this package so I can assign its functions to my M Panel
You can edit whatever you want ;-) But from our side, no, M-Panel is currently not supported ...This would be a bigger part to do ... so you won't have much luck with a bit editing, sorry

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah Andy thanks, so we wait like the i-fly, thanks again. Rich

Rich Sennett

Guest jahman
thanks... there's already a little issue: LNAV is not working.There's a double LNAV function in the LUA. Will update the package later .... EDIT: Updated at 23:19 UTC Please feel free to test and report back if you'll find errors ...
How do we know when a package has been updated without following the entire thread? Is a new version number assigned? (could not find a version number in the current downloadable file.) Many of us have large FSX installations (sceneries, airports, aircraft, sim hardware drivers) and it is really difficult to make sure you are running the latest versions when the version number is not part of the file name, so you end-up having to download the module in question just to check if it is a new version. So please add version numbers to you module names (standard practice in the software indusrty, real easy to do.) Many thanks! :-) - jahman.

Gents, The further development of NGX module continues but we'll stop to publish minor updates for some time. Later we'll release the fully re-worked version with some optimizations done, more actions implemented, display indications (not sync yet!) and so on. This will take some time, keep patience...

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Thanks for uploading this and the LINDA tool. I'm having some NGX issues though. I suck at LUA scripting. It took me forever to get some scripts working for the J41 before you released LINDA, so I'm used to having to create the .lua file with all the possible commands and then setup offsets in my FSUIPC control panel. I am completely lost with the LINDA program.All I want to do is setup my U and I keys to turn the EFIS range knob left or right. I've read the LINDA manual and I still don't get what I'm supposed to do. Any help on this?

Suggestion for next version:Speed up change of values when turning a dial fast. For instance setting altitude to 32000 from 15000 is a lot of revolutions :)For instance when dialling slowly, then the increment could be 100 ft, when dialling fast it could be 1000? Patience? What's that? Do we have a timeframe? I am sitting here pressing refresh! Nah, only joking :) Take your time :)

Helge Rasmussen

I am completely lost with the LINDA program.All I want to do is setup my U and I keys to turn the EFIS range knob left or right. I've read the LINDA manual and I still don't get what I'm supposed to do. Any help on this?
Are you trying to assign KEYBOARD's keys with LINDA? If yes, then no - it's impossible.What are you trying to achieve exactly?

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Suggestion for next version:Speed up change of values when turning a dial fast. For instance setting altitude to 32000 from 15000 is a lot of revolutions :)For instance when dialling slowly, then the increment could be 100 ft, when dialling fast it could be 1000?
Do you have asiggned both of A+ and A++ positions for ALT dial?Like this: NGX does the acceleration itself without special scripting required.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Are you trying to assign KEYBOARD's keys with LINDA? If yes, then no - it's impossible.What are you trying to achieve exactly?
I clearly explained what I was trying to do. You even quoted me. That's what I want to do.So I can't use LINDA to do this? A while back an LUA script was posted for the J41 to use with FSUIPC.A couple of you helped me set it up, using the offset window in FSUIPC to put the code for the function I wanted.Can I not do this with the NGX?

I clearly explained what I was trying to do. You even quoted me. That's what I want to do.So I can't use LINDA to do this?
I think Artem has a reason to ask you again ... seems a bit of rude answer from your side... You stated that you've read the LINDA manual and you haven't found a possibility to assign functions to keyboard's keys.Artem stated in his anser that it is not possible, too, so what do you think is the result...? If you like to assign LUA functions, controls etc to a button of your joystick, then LINDA could help you.If you try to assign a LUA function to one of your keyboard keys, then LINDA could NOT help you!clear enough? What you like to do is possible with FSUIPC. The solution is clearly stated in the FSUIPC manuals ...

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I didn't answer rudely...I guess I should have put a smiley face. :)He asked me what I'm trying to achieve, which I had previously explained. I want to assign an LUA function to a keyboard key through the use of FSUIPC.I've done it with the J41 LUA script that you yourself posted guenseli, you even helped me do it. Here's the thread - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/323070-reworked-pmdg-j41-lua-script/ Can I not do the same thing with the NGX?