Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Thank you very much.This is really amazing, I love those trim values displayed on the MCP Combo.Günther, do you think it would be possible to see what mode (EFIS, MCP, COM) is set? May be in Linda or on the MCP-Display.Perhaps something like 111 or 121 212 etc, to show witch modes are set.
Will be in the next LINDA's update soon.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Will be in the next LINDA's update soon.
Thx Artem, sounds good and I always forget who's doing the programming stuff ;-)

With kind regards

Roland Pohl
Vice chairman FSC e.V.

You need to install two separate pieces of software: 1. LINDA itself, and2. The LINDA module specific to the PMDG 737-NGX Cheers,- jahman.
It is working now and this is very easy to use indeed. Very nice and full function of my MCP Combo again.Thanks for your help Greetz Rinke

Guest jahman
It is working now and this is very easy to use indeed. Very nice and full function of my MCP Combo again.Thanks for your help Greetz Rinke
You're welcome! Cheers, - jahman.

Wondering if a fix is in the works for the numbers on the panel to match whats in the aircraft mcp ? thank you. Rich

Rich Sennett

nope, we are sorry ... haven't found any Variables to deal with, so last (but very small) hope is the SDK ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guest jahman
nope, we are sorry ... haven't found any Variables to deal with, so last (but very small) hope is the SDK ...
Why so little hope for the SDK? Every MCP hardware maker needs the SDK to update their driver software for the MCP hardware display to remain in sync with the VC MCP displays, so I'd figure it's almost certain the SDK will be released soon. Cheers, - jahman.

Artem could explain it better, but if they use dll or sth in C++ we couldn't use it .... but Artem could explain this techie stuff better...

Guenter Steiner

Why so little hope for the SDK? Every MCP hardware maker needs the SDK to update their driver software for the MCP hardware display to remain in sync with the VC MCP displays, so I'd figure it's almost certain the SDK will be released soon.
The problem is that we have to get access to the SDK from Lua script to make LINDA work with it. And I'm not sure if it will be possible for me to implement.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Guest jahman

I see. You mean in this respect the NGX is architected differently from other complex aircraft from PMDG and others? Cheers, - jahman.

No really,every developer uses different approaches to do what they want to do ... It is just luck for us to find the right values and to be honest, I'm very surprised and lucky that we found so much functions for the FSX.I was scared, that we couldn't get any access with LUA. So hopefully some PMDG devs read this and help us one day with the MCP values...

Guenter Steiner

Guest jahman

Why not be proactive and contact them directly to explain your needs? They are very nice folks and I'm sure they would want to find a way for their /37-NGX to work with LINDA if at all possible! PMDG Support and forum here at AVSIM. Cheers, - jahman.

Why not be proactive and contact them directly to explain your needs?
you are weeks to late for your suggestion: click wink.pngAnd no, we got no answer from the nice folks ...

Guenter Steiner

Guest jahman

Hm... I'm surprised, they always answered my emails and I'm only a regular simmer. Did you try contacting them on their company forum? (Perhaps they are not willing to make "forward-looking statements" in a public forum" and you might even have to sign an NDA for the SDK?) Either way, I would expect their SDK to fulfill LINDA's needs because if LINDA can't access the variables it needs likely MCP hardware manufactirers wouldn't either and that would be an overall negative for an otherwise very nice NGX, so I would remain optimistically confident Big%20Grin.gif Cheers, - jahman.