Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Have the forward overhead panel connected to the PMDG 737 NGX using module version 1.6 and all switches function perfectly for the 800 aircraft model but not the 600.Could a module be written for the PMDG 737-600?Delf

Have the forward overhead panel connected to the PMDG 737 NGX using module version 1.6 and all switches function perfectly for the 800 aircraft model but not the 600.Could a module be written for the PMDG 737-600?
From the LINDA's point of view 737-600 and 737-800 are the SAME aircraft and there is no difference in functionality. If something works with 737-800 if SHOULD work with 737-600/700/900/* as well. Check what you doing wrong.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Hi Guenseli.I have a little problem with XPND code below...function NGX_XPND_MODE_inc () ipc.control(70432, 16384) NGX_XPND_MODE_show ()endfunction NGX_XPND_MODE_dec () ipc.control(70432, 8192) NGX_XPND_MODE_show ()endfunction NGX_XPND_MODE_cycle () if ipc.readLvar('ngx_switch_800_a') < 40 then NGX_XPND_MODE_inc () else ipc.control(70432, 8192) ipc.control(70432, 8192) ipc.control(70432, 8192) NGX_XPND_MODE_dec () endendIf I had xpnd on standby, it doesn´t go up to TA/RA, seeming NGX_XPND_MODE_inc function is wrong...But if I set the xpnd manualy on TA/RA, I can put it on standby with NGX_XPND_MODE_cycle function.Could you please check this? I am using 1.6 NGX module.Thanks.Duran.

I did some experiments creating external DLLs for FSUIPC/Lua, but I don't have time to build complex DLL to access NGX SDK. So, it will be great if you succeed with that. And I'll gladly update LINDA code if it will be required to access such DLL.
This is progressing quite nicely ArtemI'm already communicating with the NGX and calling back and forth from Lua to C++

This is progressing quite nicely ArtemI'm already communicating with the NGX and calling back and forth from Lua to C++
Dario, that's great! Sorry, I missed your previous message, but I have nothing to show anyway. It was simple proof of concept code ("hello world" example), and I can't even find any sources now. Waiting for your results!

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

From the LINDA's point of view 737-600 and 737-800 are the SAME aircraft and there is no difference in functionality. If something works with 737-800 if SHOULD work with 737-600/700/900/* as well. Check what you doing wrong.
Hi Artem,Allocated functions and saved each in LINDA with FSX running while in the PMDG737-800WL, all runs perfectly in that model. I have been back to check if I missed something and cannot identify anything but there again I am unfamiliar with the set-up.If I have FSX running with the PMDG737-600 running and open LINDA and select FSXsync none of the overhead switching I have saved for the 800 appears in the assigning joystick box.I am obviously going wrong somewhere, been through the Manual several times.Any assistance would be appreciatedDelf

Hello Delf,how many NGX folder do you have here:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModuleslindaaircrafts?And if you have just one "PMDG 737NGX" and you open inside this "ident.lua" with editor, what can you read?

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dario, that's great! Sorry, I missed your previous message, but I have nothing to show anyway. It was simple proof of concept code ("hello world" example), and I can't even find any sources now. Waiting for your results!
No worries Artem.I'll shoot you a PM shortly and we can discuss integration with Linda, although it shouldn't be much of a problem, I'm already launching the module from Linda's init

Hello Delf,how many NGX folder do you have here:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XModuleslindaaircrafts?And if you have just one "PMDG 737NGX" and you open inside this "ident.lua" with editor, what can you read?
I just have the one "PMDG 737NGX" and inside "ident lua" I have..............simfolder="PMDG 737-800NGX WL"

I just have the one "PMDG 737NGX" and inside "ident lua" I have..............simfolder="PMDG 737-800NGX WL"
Change the contents of ident.lua to:
simfolder="PMDG 737"

That will fix your problem.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

G'day Artem,It certainly did fix the problem, many thanks for the prompt reply and solution.Delf

Jep, Artem was faster :(

Guenter Steiner

Hi Guenter.Could you tell me anything about the problem described at post #273 ????Thanks, Duran.

Hi Duran,sorry tha I have overseen your post ...But I have absolutely no problems here.Everything is working as it should.Do you have any special assignments or whatever???

Guenter Steiner

Hi Guenter.Please, disregard my post. I've just realized I had a typo in the file... :fool:Everything is work now!!!Thanks anyway. Duran.