Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Hi !

I have installed LINDA 2.5 and PMDG 737NGX Module 3.0 today.

I have the old Boeing MCP Combo.

When i change value SPD, HDG or ALT on the Combo, it does not change in FSX cockpît.

When i change value in the cockpit, it change on my Combo display correctly.

Am I the only that have this effect please (may be i missed something during installation) ?

Thanks for the work.

Michel

Michel Veréb

Hi Michel

Thank you for your report. We have tried to ensure that everything will work with the original MCP but we obviously missed this.

Are you using your old configuration for the PMDG 737NGX?  If you look in FSX\modules\linda-cfg\ you should find config-mcp.lua.  Can you PM this to me please?  You should also find a file named config-mcp.default.  This is the one used in testing and you can make it active by renaming your old file with extension .bkp and changing the .default to .lua on the supplied one.

I will investigate to determine what may be going wrong.

Regards

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Andrew

Thank you for your quick response.

I make some tests :

1. Rename the Config-mcp.lua (wich doesnt works) into Config-mcp.bck  and  Rename Config-mcp.default (the one of your tests) into Config-mcp.lua

So i use the same file that you use for your tests : and it works fine ...

2. Delete Linda and Linda-cfg folders and Reinstall from the Zip source

Only Config-mcp.default file exist at this time

Execute Linda and FSX with 737 NGX aircraft : file Config-mcp.lua was then created : this one doesnt works for me

3. Edit the new file created : seems to me that it contains basic FSX aircrafts commands

The Config-mcp.default file contains the NGX* commands

So my fault is that i dont use my old NGX lua file.  Because the lua file does not exist, a new file is created with standards commands and not the NGX* one.

So, now it works fine.  

Thank you again for the new version and new fonctions.

Michel

Michel Veréb

Hi Michel

Glad to have helped. When you create a new aircraft for the first time LINDA will generate a default configuration file for you. You should be able to reprogram the supplied config-mcp.default as you wish.

Great flying.

Andrew 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Ok Andrew.  I was first thinking that Linda will create the lua file based on the default one present in the source (copy of .default into .lua).

It was fun to look again inside the Linda folders and how it works.

So now back again flying ...

Michel

Michel Veréb

Michel

That is a good suggestion. I'll have a think about it.

Andrew

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

HILFE ZU  Linda UPDATE von 1.1.1 mit PMDG Modul 2.0 auf Linda  2,5  mit PMDG Modul 3.0

Hallo miteinander, ich kann mich leider nur in deutsch unterhalten das letzte mal war ich hier

auf Seite 22 und 23 unterwegs  und der "Meister" hat unter anderem auf meine Anregungen das PMDG Modul 2.0 erstellt.

So folgendes hab ich gemacht !
1. alles vom Linda 2.5 Download, da ist doch auch das PMDG Modul 3.0 mit enthalten - in den Modules Ordner vom FSX hinein kopiert bzw. überschrieben
2. die bestehende Datei  "config-hid.lua"  ist geblieben.

so sollte eigentlich alles passen denn wenn ich das die Linda EXE starte sieh alles GRÜN  aus,  und es geht fast alles (steuere fast das ganze Overhead und die Radios NAV und COM über Linda.

A B E R  folgendes geht nicht mehr    gggrrr

1. Die Positionen der ausgelagerten 2 Panels  (bei mir 7 Stück)  lassen sich nicht mehr abspeichern (Steuerung überAlt+Strg+Shift F1 - F3)
    und der grün hinterlegte Einblendetext  als Bestätigung oben im FSX komm auch nicht)

2. Das original VP Inside MCP geht mit allen Steuerfunktionen  

ABER  die  Rückmeldungen auf das Display im VR Inside  MCP  ( wie APU Abgastemp. , TOGA , Autothrotel soft aus , Gear , Flaps , usw.)  funktionieren  nicht.

Sowie beim laden der PMDG kommt die   "" RDY ! "" Meldung nicht im Display des VR Inside MCP´s

Somit hat das ganze keinen Sinn

Bitte um Info´s  im deutsch   vielen Dank

Michaheli

Leibe Michaheli

Es tut Mir liet das du Probleme mit LINDA 2.5 hast. Mein Deutshe ist nicht so gut aber ich werde versuche dir helfen.

Die "RDY!" bedeutet das Du eine die alte MCP 1 nuezten. Es hat ein paar Probleme mit der neuer LINDA gemeltet werden. Ich schlage vor das Du diene Backup von LINDA 1.13 und PDMG 737 2.0 weider einstellen.

Mein Kollege sollte dir ein besser Anwoert spaeter geben.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

PDMG 737NGX updated to version 3.1 (previously included in LINDA 2.5.5 update).

Fixes problem with setting DME CRS using Radio knob on MCP panels.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

PDMG 737NGX updated to version 3.2. Minor update with changes to DspShow functions.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hello,

Thanks for LINDA, it works fine, but the "minimums" rotary knob does not have A++ (it has got in the previous version). Sometimes the minimums are 500 feet or more than 1000 feet, it is so difficult and takes lots of time to set it. This is the same problem with the PMDG777 as well. The othe problem is with the DME rotary knob. It does not work properly, so I can not use it to set the course heading (but this is not as big problem than the minimums knob). Is it possible to do something with it?

Otherwise this is the most useful program for the FSX.

Thank you in advance.

Hi imhotep01

I can't answer your question about the MINS fast operation as I am away from my computer.  However, I can answer your DME question.

Additional work was required to DMS/CRS code to correct an system error.  You should go to the Radio Resets and load the PDMG 737NGX Radio Default settings. This will add the following missing Radio assignments:

DME 1 Select = NGX_AP_CRS_LR_sync

DME 2 Select = NGX_AP_CRS_LR_sync

DME/CRS

A+ = NGX_AP_CRS_LR_inc

A++ = NGX_AP_CRS_LR_incfast

A- = NGX_AP_CRS_LR_dec

A-- = NGX_AP_CRS_LR_decfast

Press = NGX_AP_CRS_LR_toggle

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Hi

i am using linda and this 737ngx module for a long time now. Now i have finished building my own EFIS panel. I used rotary switches for the map mode and range dial. My question is how can i add new functions to the 737 script that it is possible to dial a map mode or range directly - not using encrease or decrease ?

I need something like :

NGX EFIS ND MODE APP

NGX EFIS ND MODE VOR

NGX EFIS ND MODE MAP

NGX EFIS ND MODE PLN

NGX EFIS ND RNG 5

NGX EFIS ND RNG 10

NGX EFIS ND RNG 20

NGX EFIS ND RNG 40

NGX EFIS ND RNG 80

NGX EFIS ND RNG 160

NGX EFIS ND RNG 320

NGX EFIS ND RNG 640

Can anyone help me to get this done ?

Best regards and many happy landings

Andi

Hi Andi

I am not the expert with the PDMG simulator interface and I do not have any documentation. However, as you will have seen, the functions NGX_EFIS_ND_MODE_show() and NGX_EFIS_ND_RNG_show() use 2 Lvars -  ngx_switch_359_a and ngx_switch_361_a respectively - to give the mode and range knob positions.

For each of your required functions you need to determine the current knob position and work out in which direction (dec or inc) and how many times to call the appropriate function or use the ipc.control() instruction. It has to be done this way as the PDMG Lvars are read-only.

It will require a little experimentation. When you have a working solution I would be happy to include your functions in the formal PDMG 737NGX module.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK