Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

Hi,This is my little story of using LINDA and PMDG 737 NGX module (sorry for my bad english).Using the PMDG MD11 and finding all the LUA scripts of Günter in other forum, i was curious about LINDA when i discovered it 9 month ago in his beta version.In the same time i buy the MCP Combo (not knowing that LINDA will interface with it) to bring some relative cheap hardware in my simulation.Waiting the PMDG 737 NGX, i try to learn some basic about LUA and scripting.Hoppefully the MCP Combo is supported by LINDA.When we can buy the 737 the he first version of the module was very quick developped by Günter and it was very complete.Thank to the good work of Artem, we can use LINDA nearly without bugs (and these one were corrected very quick).Then i have in mind to buil a add-on for the MCP Combo with some function i want to simulate.I make a list of the functions with my old friend David from France and i try to develop some of them that were missing in the version 1.4.Günter corrected these one (thank you) and the version 1.5 was born.During the development time i buy the knobs and switchs and 2 BU0836X cards from Leo Bodnar.I tests them and make a CAD plan with labels.The result can be seen in the attached pictures.The switchs positions are random but all works fine. The assignation with LINDA take me 15 minutes only (the wiring take me hours).If anybody want more informations, please ask.I thank you Artem and Günter for their hard work. Without them i never made this simple panel.Michel

• Upvote 1

Michel Veréb

WOW!!!!!

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my friend, what a good job you have done!! hope to continue flying with you and linda for a long time.Very nice team job!! congratulation!!

Well done, Michel! :biggrin:It's amazing how turning knobs and clicking switches feels so much more "real" than having to use a mouse to operate onscreen controls. (Not having your CAD and wiring skills, I use the VRinsight TT panel to provide me with additional views and functions — it lacks your logical layout and your clear labelling, but it works for me).Cheers,Brian

Brian747-500x105-Avsim.jpg

Hi,Are there any new L:variables in sp1-c that can be assigned?regardsPaul

Paul Dumke

Are there any new L:variables in sp1-c that can be assigned?
are you missing anything?

Guenter Steiner

are you missing anything?
Hi, I'm finalising the build of switch panel so was just curious if there was anything else to include. I remember that you had requested flight alt and landing alt.I have absolutely no knowledge of C/C++ programming but are the events listed in the SDK header file accessable by LUA and if so, how? I have developed a very basic understanding of LUA. Perhaps I should ask this on the FSUIPC forum?thanks for your quick reply.Paul

Paul Dumke

Paul,I have had a very quick look into the SDK, but that doesn't tell me anything as I have no knowledge about ...About the cabin press settings I haven't searched if they are now included.If you can get any news about that or new functions with SDK now, this is very welcome!thanks!

Guenter Steiner

We've been discussing the SDK at the FSUIPC forums. I'm pretty sure Artem can do this himself, but I'm going to try to build a dll to access the SDK via Lua plugins
I did some experiments creating external DLLs for FSUIPC/Lua, but I don't have time to build complex DLL to access NGX SDK. So, it will be great if you succeed with that. And I'll gladly update LINDA code if it will be required to access such DLL.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Michael, Very nice. I've actually been quietly working on an MCP and an overhead. I'm using interfaces from Groovy Game Gear, since I didn't feel like having the extra expense of importing equipment from the U.K. (I'm in the U.S.) The hold up (other than lack of time), has been inability to commit to a box design. What did you use to build the enclosure and face? I was going to buy some sheets of ABS and make something, but hadn't decided completely. I also have this dream of putting in a display that will show crz alt and landing alt, but I think that might be impossible. I at least want to include the dials for both. Thanks for the continued inspiration. As with you, I started thinking about this when I saw LINDA.

I did some experiments creating external DLLs for FSUIPC/Lua, but I don't have time to build complex DLL to access NGX SDK. So, it will be great if you succeed with that. And I'll gladly update LINDA code if it will be required to access such DLL.
Can you PM me what you tried please? I'm new to this and any help to get me started would be much appreciated Edited by dazz

Hi DougFor the panel i only use wood (http://home.howstuff...com/plywood.htm) of 9 mm thick else for the front panel only 6 mm thick.The face itself is simply 2 printed sheet of paper i glue on the wood.It is the cheaper i find.If you need help for the box design i can send you the plan i made and the link to the free software to design it.For the display i use the VRinsight MCP Combo type 1. I first try simple switch and rotary encoder as i never made electronic hobby.I thinck that it is easy to add some led to have light on the panel but that will be a second version ....Michel

Edited by Mive1957

Michel Veréb

Thanks Michel! The vision in my head was something similar, with a wooden back but with ABS plastic sheets screwed on the front. I can get 1/16 inch for like $8 and 1/8 for like $13 from Amazon, less if I shop around. If you want to PM me with the design software link, that would be awesome. I'm thinking essentially a glorified trapezoid. Thanks a bunch. I'm finally getting to where I am ready to move forward after a couple of small boxes in project boxes.