Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

PMDG 737 NGX (module 4.15b) - 9 Jun 2020

You say graphics have been updated to match MCP2. However on ine the User panel looks wrong. You have a switch just below the mod and rotary. On my MCP2 the rotary has a push button to the right, one underneath it, and one below to the right. Everything else looks good.

You say graphics have been updated to match MCP2. However on ine the User panel looks wrong. You have a switch just below the mod and rotary. On my MCP2 the rotary has a push button to the right, one underneath it, and one below to the right. Everything else looks good.
Sorry. Forgot to mention that you have to select MCP type on "Setup MCP Combo" page.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Sorry. Forgot to mention that you have to select MCP type on "Setup MCP Combo" page.
Yep have done that. Double checked it to make sure. Mine is set as MCP2 (Boeing), COM4. However the MCP page still shows the V1 graphics. I have Linda loaded without FSX just to check the setup. Does this matter?

Oh... USER/RADIOS block graphics was not updated, yet.It requires too much efforts for such tiny changes. So it's not a priority task right now.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Oh... USER/RADIOS block graphics was not updated, yet.It requires too much efforts for such tiny changes. So it's not a priority task right now.
Okay thanks. Just said graphics updated to match MCP2 so took that to mean all of them. No worries.

Any chance you will eventually do more of the overhead panel? I'm looking at adding some functions myself, but I thought you might be looking at it too.

Any chance you will eventually do more of the overhead panel? I'm looking at adding some functions myself, but I thought you might be looking at it too.
Hey Doug, just let me know what you need and I'll help you with that.You can also create mouse macros with FSUPC and then assign them via LINDA's GUI. Do you know how to create mouse macros?

Hey Doug, just let me know what you need and I'll help you with that.You can also create mouse macros with FSUPC and then assign them via LINDA's GUI. Do you know how to create mouse macros?
Dario, thanks. I'm trying to do this without mouse macros, but rather buy adding to the module to some other overhead functions I would want. I'm sort of toying with building a bit of an overhead, compacted down.

Ok, you can still use LINDA's wonderful control tracer feature for that.Do you want to learn how to do it yourself or would you rather have the code ready to add to your NGX module?

Please do not use Mouse Macros!Mouse macros are the least option for an addon where nothing else helps...But using mouse macros means you have to handle also the macro files, tooMacros change often with Addon updates etc etc ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not use Mouse Macros!Mouse macros are the least option for an addon where nothing else helps...But using mouse macros means you have to handle also the macro files, tooMacros change often with Addon updates etc etc ...
Yes, they change with updates, but also controls # sometimes. Truth is every hot fix or SP in the NGX I have to redo my configThe good thing about macros is that you don't have to mess with lua at all. Depends on who you're dealing with, macros could be a good option IMHO. Not everyone likes it when you ask them to add a function to a file full of programming jibberish XD

You are right, Dario ... Macros are a very good thing.I have to make it more clear: avoid to use Macros with LINDA if you plan to develop a module for LINDA!I have made it mayself with the LevelD767 as I haven't found another possibility;but for all other addons they should be avoided.Nevertheless for your own and personal use you can do what you want of course!!!I just mean not to implement it for the "official, public" LINDA modules for the NGX etc ...btw. I never had any problems with changing controls with NGX.They stay rocksolid!Also it was never necessary for me to update my config after a PMDG update ...I just use the LINDA NGX module ...so, with just assigning them I do not have to mess with lua tongue.png

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

You are right, Dario ... Macros are a very good thing.I have to make it more clear: avoid to use Macros with LINDA if you plan to develop a module for LINDA!I have made it mayself with the LevelD767 as I haven't found another possibility;but for all other addons they should be avoided.Nevertheless for your own and personal use you can do what you want of course!!!I just mean not to implement it for the "official, public" LINDA modules for the NGX etc ...btw. I never had any problems with changing controls with NGX.They stay rocksolid!Also it was never necessary for me to update my config after a PMDG update ...I just use the LINDA NGX module ...so, with just assigning them I do not have to mess with lua tongue.png
ummm, truth is that the for last updates the only thing I needed to tweak were the mouse macros, so even though controls may change it definitely doesn't seem to be the norm.About messing with Lua I was refering to the controls for the overhead that Doug asked for. If he was to do it himself using controls, he would need to add the Lua functions himself to be able to assign them later.Maybe you can convince Artem to add a button to open a dialog where you type a function name and it creates a function for you. It could include options to implement the function with a call to ipc.control or set a local var tongue.pngJust an idea

Maybe you can convince Artem to add a button to open a dialog where you type a function name and it creates a function for you. It could include options to implement the function with a call to ipc.control or set a local var tongue.pngJust an idea
Someone has to spend some time and neurons... me, developing this feature, or users, understanding simple structure of LINDA Lua module file. :-)The worst thing is that all such user side modifications will be lost on module update. So the better way is to discuss here what functions you would like to be added to particular module, and will include them in the nearest update.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Someone has to spend some time and neurons... me, developing this feature, or users, understanding simple structure of LINDA Lua module file. :-)The worst thing is that all such user side modifications will be lost on module update. So the better way is to discuss here what functions you would like to be added to particular module, and will include them in the nearest update.
No worries Artem. You're right. Actually anyone able to use the tracer will not have any problem copy-pasting a function and adding some code to it.I have my own module that I've been working with since day 0, so I don't really upgrade to new modules. If I need a function I simply use the tracer and implement it myself, or I check your modules and ""steal" the code hehe.Matter of fact I slightly modified some lua files of the LINDA engine to tweak the User Mode functionality to my taste (basically to have a Global Mode 1 & 2 that controls the entire MCP Combo panel instead of just the EFIS, MCP or RADIOS, and allows me to assign Mode 2 functions to knobs and switches that are otherwise disabled in the GUI) and also to add my own display functions, no major changes anywayBut as a result I can't really upgrade normally or all that will be goneFor the user defined module functions, if there was a simple way to add an aditional (or more than one) action file to the A/C configuration folder and include them like the ones in "moduleslindalibs" so that upgrading the "base" module doesn't overwrite the user definitions for a particular A/C... I guess the challenge would be in making the GUI aware of that, able to locate and assign functions defined in those "alternate" action lua files