Sign in to follow this  
Chris Catalano

Annoying horn on landing 737 - what am I doing wrong?

Hi Everyone: Each time I tried to land the 737 tonight, I got an annoying repeated horn which would not stop. What is that, why is that, and what can I do to fix it? I was using flaps 30 or 40, my speed was 140 or so, and I had the speed brakes armed and landing gear down... Thanks, Chris CatalanoHappy to be flying a 7-3 again!

Screenshot of your cockpit when the horn goes off would be a better investigative tool.

You were setting landing flaps without putting down your landing gear. That is the gear warning horn.You may have had the gear down, but you set the landing flaps before the gear that is why the horn went off. Don't go lower than Flaps 15 until you pickup the localizer. Then drop your gear and slow down to your landing flap setting.

Yes - I did press the A/P disconnect light, but I think it was the above - I did not drop gear before setting landing flaps as it says in the above post. Thank you.Chris Catalano

Had the same thing earlier. It was the gear config horn, but the gear were down. Specifically I was in the GOL short field package -800. Config was as follows. Flaps 40, gear down, spoiler armed, pressurization set. The gear horn silencer was not working, so I figured I had left the gear up with flaps 40. I had three green lights though, so that wasn't it. The issue, after second though, happened after I had toggled the gear handle several times without letting them fully cycle. Upon touchdown the horn stopped.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

My PFC cirrus 2 gear lever conflicts with the PMDG gear controls,and I get the horn also.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I saw a report about this for someone who was using FSUIPC for their gear instead of the default G. When he lowered the gear using G the landing configuration horn turned off.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

My PFC cirrus 2 gear lever conflicts with the PMDG gear controls,and I get the horn also.
I am using the PFC Throttle consloe. I can't get the gear lever or flap lever to respond to any commands. Are you having this issue? And are you able to manually lower the gear with the G key, and if you do (like I can), do you still get the horn? For me the gear is down, but I am still getting the horn. CHris Catalano

Are you running your gear lever command through FSUIPC? If so, you're interrupting the simconnect function programmed into the NGX, which is why you get three greens and a gear warning horn. For details, EV will have to weigh in.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Hi Everyone: Each time I tried to land the 737 tonight, I got an annoying repeated horn which would not stop. What is that, why is that, and what can I do to fix it? I was using flaps 30 or 40, my speed was 140 or so, and I had the speed brakes armed and landing gear down... Thanks, Chris CatalanoHappy to be flying a 7-3 again!
Are you running your gear lever command through FSUIPC? If so, you're interrupting the simconnect function programmed into the NGX, which is why you get three greens and a gear warning horn. For details, EV will have to weigh in.
I am not sure if I am or not, I guess I must be. If so, how do I actually go about fixing this issue? THanks. Chris Catalano

Are you guys saying we cannot use PFC hardware with this plane? If so, does not make sense for me to buy it as all I have is PFC hardware!

Eric 

I have this problem too using the Saitek Pro Panel. However, I have the SPAD driver issueing a 'keyboard emulation' command of 'G', so would've though everything SHOULD work correctly. Then again, what do i know;-)