Sign in to follow this  
Da Flyguy

Utterly frustrated

No sign of any Activation window........... Nada, Zero , Zip.Closed down all firewall settings.Run as Admin.....installs.......Start FSX select the NGX, it will load , then , Nothing , no activation windowUse Trend Micro .Had the very same problem with the J41.Why oh why. A kings ransom for something that works. huh.pngOr perhaps my slow brain is missing something ?? tongue.png Cheers, Rick

Rick,You're positive it's not sitting "behind" the main FSX window? You can use Task Manager to check for it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Thank you Gentlemen, I will try your advise and also run FSX as Admin.I am new to 64 Bit operating system so need to know how to use FSX under it.Thanks again and I will keep trying. Cheers, Rick

Run as administrator, then when it loads the 737 you will probably have a black screen (I did on mine), use ALT+ Enter to go to windowed mode and minimise the windo, you should then be able to see the activation window. Hope that helps, Praying.gif

Greg B

Hi Rick, I realise that Tabs has already mentioned this, but if you are running FSX in full screen mode, you will need to press Alt+Enter to go into windowed mode and there you should see the activation window where you will need to type in your key that you received via email.If you are unfimiliar with 64-bit Windows and require some help, I'm sure there are enough people here in the PMDG community that can assist. Just remember to set the user account that you login with as administrator and to be sure, run FSX and any associated programs as admin too.I hope that this helps, and if not, just ask.

When my activation window came up It managed to fall behind the FSX window (I clicked on something else just as it popped up) which I couldn't see as Tabs mentioned, IIRC I alt-tabbed the window back to the top again.

Rick- We will get you sorted out- we promise! Henning is preparing a small applet similar to the one we used to cure issues like this on the J41. Saturday is Henning's wife's birthday, so I would anticipate this being available via our technical support team on Sunday or Monday. Keep us updated in the mean time- we are interested in getting you squared away.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Been trying. Turn internet firewalls and other protection offRun both as Admin. (no luck)Went to windowed mode. (nothing in the background)Had a look in task manager. (no activation running).Also have a completely clean FSX install with no other addons at all. I really appreciate all your help and hope the problem can be solvedbecause I simply love the NGX.What a fantastic plane. Would have been nice if we could ( through the FMC or top menu options)activate this product manually. Also thank rsrandazzo, I will be patient. smile.png Cheers, Rick

Been trying. Turn internet firewalls and other protection offRun both as Admin. (no luck)Went to windowed mode. (nothing in the background)Had a look in task manager. (no activation running).Also have a completely clean FSX install with no other addons at all. I really appreciate all your help and hope the problem can be solvedbecause I simply love the NGX.What a fantastic plane. Would have been nice if we could ( through the FMC or top menu options)activate this product manually. Also thank rsrandazzo, I will be patient. smile.png Cheers, Rick
hi rick just my thought since u done what i would have suggested but have u got ur fsx in its own root drive eg c:\ fsx etc since (86) proramne location is not a good folder to put fsx in since u will find problems adding addons etc

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

hi rick just my thought since u done what i would have suggested but have u got ur fsx in its own root drive eg c:\ fsx etc since (86) proramne location is not a good folder to put fsx in since u will find problems adding addons etc
Hi Pete,FSX is sitting in the default folder C:\progam files\(x86) Bhah, Blah, FSX. smile.pngMight set it up in C:\FSX. Nice and simple.See if that does anything. Thanks mate. Rick

Hi Pete,FSX is sitting in the default folder C:\progam files\(x86) Bhah, Blah, FSX. smile.pngMight set it up in C:\FSX. Nice and simple.See if that does anything. Thanks mate. Rick
It's generally a good idea to not install FSX into the program files directory.

It's generally a good idea to not install FSX into the program files directory.
It seems SOLVED Mr. AudiohavocI installed it C:\FSX and also removed the UIAutomation.dll file.All of a sudden it works like a charm.I also have a feeling the NGX does not like the UIAutomation.dll file.I heard somewhere that it's causing the freezing up problem. Thank you Sir. Cheers, RickP.S. thank you everyone cheers, Rick

It seems SOLVED Mr. AudiohavocI installed it C:\FSX and also removed the UIAutomation.dll file.All of a sudden it works like a charm.I also have a feeling the NGX does not like the UIAutomation.dll file.I heard somewhere that it's causing the freezing up problem. Thank you Sir. Cheers, RickP.S. thank you everyone cheers, Rick
So glad you got it sorted and before the weekend is out. I knew PMDG would not let you down either. But its extra special when a member of the forum and fellow flight simmer helps you out. Have fun and enjoy.

I installed it on Windows XP 32 bits clean install in d:\FSX directory and no activation. Cannot find UIAutomation.dllInstallation on Windows7 64 bits without a hassle but this is not my gaming machine :-(