Sign in to follow this  
LarryImler

well its pretty much perfect but..........

these are the issues I have found and really not a big deal but I'm sure there is a reason why or a coming fix. 1) for some reason toga does not lock the auto throttle on takeoff N1. This is how I thought it was done, this is when ready for takeoff and FMC is configered, AT on, FD on, flaps set, hit the hidden takeoff button, firewall throttle and then hit the N1 button on the MCP. Well when I'm on takeoff roll engines never capture the N1 bug it bypasses and engines overrun the N1 bug forcing me to back off on the throttle so I'm pretty sure thats me not doing something right. What is the right way? 2)no matter how hard I look cant find a checklist, where is it? thankfully 1 boeing airplane is like the next boeing airplane and I can get it started from cold and dark with out a problem. 3) now this is a miner thing and I'm pretty sure this a bug. When switching from heading select to LNAV there is a sharp jerk with the wings but only for a split second then its nice and smooth, and this goes vice versa, sharp jerk for a split second from LNAV to heading select. Im sure its not like this on the real thing. but other than that with my 3000+ hours on vatsim I'm sure I'll get a another 3000+ hours with this airplane (NGX) couse it is a truly nice airplane. PMDG even with the little stuff this is history making airplane, GREAT JOB I love you guysLarry ImlerN798LJ

1) EDIT: I just realize you are hitting the hidden button. Why are you hitting the N1 button after that? You shouldn't need to hit anything else, just the hidden click spot. I'm not sure if that's causing your issue, but try not hitting the N1 button. EDIT2: And also make sure you have both FDs on. 2) Checklists are in the QRH. Starts on page 25.

Guest Tamadeez

Yes I get that jerk thing. For TOGA you need both flight directors on.

ok thats my problem, only 1 fd on, how could i forget that, I got to remember most addons are not as complex as this one.

these are the issues I have found and really not a big deal but I'm sure there is a reason why or a coming fix. 1) for some reason toga does not lock the auto throttle on takeoff N1. This is how I thought it was done, this is when ready for takeoff and FMC is configered, AT on, FD on, flaps set, hit the hidden takeoff button, firewall throttle and then hit the N1 button on the MCP. Well when I'm on takeoff roll engines never capture the N1 bug it bypasses and engines overrun the N1 bug forcing me to back off on the throttle so I'm pretty sure thats me not doing something right. What is the right way? 2)no matter how hard I look cant find a checklist, where is it? thankfully 1 boeing airplane is like the next boeing airplane and I can get it started from cold and dark with out a problem. 3) now this is a miner thing and I'm pretty sure this a bug. When switching from heading select to LNAV there is a sharp jerk with the wings but only for a split second then its nice and smooth, and this goes vice versa, sharp jerk for a split second from LNAV to heading select. Im sure its not like this on the real thing. but other than that with my 3000+ hours on vatsim I'm sure I'll get a another 3000+ hours with this airplane (NGX) couse it is a truly nice airplane. PMDG even with the little stuff this is history making airplane, GREAT JOB I love you guysLarry ImlerN798LJ
You need to read some more !! Those are not bugs !! Fred.

1. This isn't a 767, it works differently. Correct takeoff procedure is arm both F/Ds, spool the engines to 40% and stabilize, then press TO/GA. You do not press N1 like on other Boeings. See FTCM Takeoff section, it explains it in great detail. 2. FCOM 1 - page 209 for the Electrical Power Up supplementary, then page 77 and on for the Normal Procedures. Normal Checklists (not the same thing as procedures) are on pages 25-28 of the QRH.3. We're aware of this and we'll look into it.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

ok thats my problem, only 1 fd on, how could i forget that, I got to remember most addons are not as complex as this one.
And you don't press N1 if I remember correctly.

You need to read some more !! Those are not bugs !! Fred.
well you knew what I ment though did'nt yaand thanks for the quick replys back everyone

And for you number 1 item, that is simulated like the real thing then. I have caught a few guys advancing te thust levers TOO high, then they click the toga button but the autothrottle does nothing and i have to manually set the thrust to correct N1. Do what Ryan suggested. JackColwill

And for you number 1 item, that is simulated like the real thing then. I have caught a few guys advancing te thust levers TOO high, then they click the toga button but the autothrottle does nothing and i have to manually set the thrust to correct N1. Do what Ryan suggested. JackColwill
ok thanks