Sign in to follow this  
NdG_MM

FSGlobal Terrain Warning at KSFO

Yesterday I was fully established on the ILS for RWY 28R at KSFo when suddenly the terrain warning came up ('TERRAIN' - ' PULL UP'). As most of you sure know, the ILS glidepath is directly over water, but when checking the EFIS it showed a huge red block directly between me and the runway.Now as I'm using FS Global 2010 I think this might be some kind of bug there (don't think that PMDG can do anything about this), is maybe someone able to reproduce this?Best Regards

Yesterday I was fully established on the ILS for RWY 28R at KSFo when suddenly the terrain warning came up ('TERRAIN' - ' PULL UP'). As most of you sure know, the ILS glidepath is directly over water, but when checking the EFIS it showed a huge red block directly between me and the runway. Now as I'm using FS Global 2010 I think this might be some kind of bug there (don't think that PMDG can do anything about this), is maybe someone able to reproduce this? Best Regards
I think I had this too at least one time of my two times ... don't using any other addons besides rex ...thought it was my fault ... trying it again this time correctly and we will see then :)

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Yesterday I was fully established on the ILS for RWY 28R at KSFo when suddenly the terrain warning came up ('TERRAIN' - ' PULL UP'). As most of you sure know, the ILS glidepath is directly over water, but when checking the EFIS it showed a huge red block directly between me and the runway. Now as I'm using FS Global 2010 I think this might be some kind of bug there (don't think that PMDG can do anything about this), is maybe someone able to reproduce this? Best Regards
I had the same at Nice LFMN fLying the riviera approach 04L. Crossed LUC VOR approx. at 9000ft and the terrain warning came up. Even passing MUS NDB at 8000ft and further flying over water the terrain warning and pull up message stayed. It only stopped a few moments before touchdown. Scenery: UTX EU, GEX EU and Aerosoft LFMN. 061114_ngx145.jpg

Ricardo De Luca

yes can confirm on 28R at KSFO get pull up and terrain warnings ... maybe this is why im not getting any announcements like minimums and altitude

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue. As it seems it's mostly caused by water, I've never had any issues with the terrain map when flying over mountains yet - works beautifully there.I think I'm going to do some further testing with approaches over water areas tonight, maybe there's some kind of pattern to be found.RegardsEdit: just came to my mind that I've enabled the cyan water display, however the whole san francisco bay isn't displayed as water. So maybe there is something wrong with the scenery files (where PMDG pulls the data)..

There should be terrain shown off 4L & 4R at KLIT, but it's not on the terrain map. I wonder if it could be offset in some places.

Chris Hicks