Sign in to follow this  
Wolfko

Orbx Nature Flow - simply amazing!

That's incredible!! Does anyone know the song/artist in the video? THX

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

You think ORBX hits your system hard now... wait till you have thousands of blades of grass blowing in the wind and a ton of leaves falling from the trees! Dont get me wrong, I think what they have done is very nice but I just dont see the point really. I guess if you like to simply look around and not fly it is great. Whats next, virtual bird poop falling from the sky? LOL. Jim

Jim Wenham

Next is bugs splashing on your windshield - no, wait, this has been done by Flight1 on their T182T :-)

You think ORBX hits your system hard now... wait till you have thousands of blades of grass blowing in the wind and a ton of leaves falling from the trees! Dont get me wrong, I think what they have done is very nice but I just dont see the point really. I guess if you like to simply look around and not fly it is great. Whats next, virtual bird poop falling from the sky? LOL. Jim
I want the blades of grass to grow, so I can cut the virtual grass with my virtual lawnmower, and I guess I'll have to rake the leaves aswell.LOL.gif

Next is bugs splashing on your windshield - no, wait, this has been done by Flight1 on their T182T :-)
I'm surprised this hasn't been done long ago already. Surprising there are any bugs left in the world today. They don't call them bug smashers for nothing...

And before that in Marcel Felde's Katana 4X :-)

And before that in Marcel Felde's Katana 4X :-)
And Orbx' Lancair! wink.png Wolfgang

Now that is simply amazing, we can only wish the entire FS world looked like that, with 50 FPS :-)

Jay

You think ORBX hits your system hard now... wait till you have thousands of blades of grass blowing in the wind and a ton of leaves falling from the trees! Dont get me wrong, I think what they have done is very nice but I just dont see the point really. I guess if you like to simply look around and not fly it is great. Whats next, virtual bird poop falling from the sky? LOL.
I like the idea. It gives me purpose to go somewhere, especially where I haven't been in real life, and is much more interesting than a motionless world. These days, I fly the real plane a lot, and sim less.........................but I'll get to the point to where it reverses due to age. It will be great knowing, that a virtual world exists if my computer is strong enough to handle it. I DO fly for the scenery. Shades of grey mass and pure instruments just isn't all that appealing to me (even though that's getting off topic). L.Adamson

they have already claimed a 5-7 fps loss for this feature. As with all ftx products at least you can switch on or off with the control panel. Interesting though..........

I'm surprised this hasn't been done long ago already. Surprising there are any bugs left in the world today. They don't call them bug smashers for nothing...
It has been done. It was on the dornier DO27 as well as the Aerosoft Katana 4X.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Would be great if the performance can be held in check. All of these little touches lend itself to creating a believable environment, so if you can make the performance impact minimal why wouldn't you want that? It's the same reason that things like REX, Ultimate Terrain, FS Genesis, Active Sky, and countless other environment add-ons exist and sell quite well today. Good for them pushing the boundaries.

- Aaron