Sign in to follow this  
niyoko

Black screen after exiting menus

I just want to document a bug or error that I'm getting. Symptom: Black screen after exiting any FSX menu Description: I've been testing out display configurations to get the best performance. I had the PMDG73NGX loaded and sitting at a gate started up to the point I would start the engines.. After that I was going into the Display configuration menu. Then I closed out of the Display menu and FSX tried to go back showing me the 737 NGXt, but the screen stayed black. The game didn't crash. It just displayed a black screen. I was still able to hear ATC and traffic chatter, cation horns and other aircrafts sounds continue to go on as if the screen had gone back to normal. It appeared as though the game was still running in the background, but all I was able to see was a black screen. Follow-Up: I have tested this with other menus such as the Navigational Log menu in the File menu and the sounds and controls menus. I was always able to hit Ctrl+C or esc to return to the starting menu, but the screen in the free flight menu only showed a black screen where the PMDG 737NGX should be displayed. As long as I don't access any menus everything runs fine. I have read through and applied the suggested configuration edits to my FSX setup. If I missed anything referring to a solution to this I apologize in advance. Though I would appreciate a page reference so I can know where to re-read for a solution. My System Config:Windows 7 Home Premium 64bitAMD Phemon x6 1055t OC@3.5GHz4GB DDR3 RAMnVidia GeForceGTX460 768MB OC250GB Primary SATA 3Gb/s HDD (Windows is here)1TB Secondary SATA 6gb/s (FSX is on this drive)20" LCD monitor @ 1360x768

I have had several black screen issues. I'm unable to alt-tab or alt-enter out of FSX while flying the NGX or I get the black screen issue. The sim is still running, sound is still going. Sometimes if I alt-enter several times the proper screen comes back. I've checked my memory and CPU usage when this occurs and still have plenty of both. I can alt-tab/enter out of almost every other FSX aircraft I have with the exemption of one other that I'm aware of. Also of note when I try to save a flight after landing it will cause the black screen issue. Thanks,Chad

Guys,Are you using enb series?? I was and had the same, if you uninstall it you might be good to go. Worked for me wink.png

Look up the uiautomationcore.dll issue, this sounds like it might be that. The short fix to try is to download the Windows Vista version of the file and copy it into your FSX root directory. -stefan

Same here. Happened after using the FSX menu in flight to reduce vehicle traffic. Screen went black and could hear flight continuuing on. Could even click on the black and if there was a button behind my mouse pointer, it would move that button. - TimJames, What exactly is "enb" series?

I had exactly the same problem and discovered that it was being caused by the 'd3d antilag' fps limiter. I have subsequently started using FPS Limiter v0.2, which has solved the problem. Richard Avery

Alt-Tabbing in FSX (or FS9 for that matter) has never worked. Use Alt-Enter to switch between windowed and full screen. There's been reports that D3D hooks like the ENB mod or the FPS limiter cause black screens and stuff too - I've personally not experienced this, but it is possible.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan, I am not using a limiter of any type, and I don't know what D3D and ENB mods are. The screen goes black from use of the menus in FSX.

smile.png AMD catalyst drivers? I have no clue what those are either. Sorry....not a computer-savy guy here. I just bought this computer a week ago and have dowloaded all the updates for Windows, etc... I have a fresh install of FSX and the other programs I have listed below, along with the NGX and MD-11. -Tim

Anything more on this? Is it the dreaded "uiautomationcore.dll issue" that I am experiencing, or is it something else? Just wondering if anyone who has this problem other than me has found a solution, as I have not.

smile.png AMD catalyst drivers? I have no clue what those are either. Sorry....not a computer-savy guy here. I just bought this computer a week ago and have dowloaded all the updates for Windows, etc... I have a fresh install of FSX and the other programs I have listed below, along with the NGX and MD-11. -Tim
A clean install of FSX on new systems is a usual disaster resulting in black screens, lock ups, and crashes back to the desktop (CTD's). Several .dll files are need in the FSX route folder, and the FSX.cfg file usually needs to have additional entries written in as well. The number of things to be fixed are not overly huge, but changes must be made. Start by search on Google, each issue as they come up. Suggestions will be available and usually accompanied by detailed step by step instructions. If you have never done this stuff before, you will need to learn. Goolge search engine is a very powerful learning tool that has taught many of us what we now know. That is were you need to start. Type in "AMD catalyst drivers" hit enter and go from there. It's easier than you think, just be patient with yourself.
Anything more on this? Is it the dreaded "uiautomationcore.dll issue" that I am experiencing, or is it something else? Just wondering if anyone who has this problem other than me has found a solution, as I have not.
Windows 7 is missing this file that was in Windows Vista. That .dll file you mention fixes the crash that occurrs from accessing the menu bar too many times. Download and copy it into your FSX folder. It will do no harm if it's there and the system doesn't need it. Just don't install it into the Windows folders as it may cause problems with other programs from functioning properly. It will fix FSX but break something else unrelated.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

same problem her you cant change to window mode without have a black screen.i have a gtx 580.robert please solve this problem many of us are facing it.