Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

first failure strange one

Hi all had no troubles at all my 4 th flight taxied to end of rwy rdy for takeoff advanced throttles etc egaged toga than got warning light saying left fwd overwing and right fwd wing overwing doors lights came on ignored the lights since i didnt opened the doors mistake by me shud have aborted takeoff and taxied back to ramp. Took off about 2000feet got another warning auto fail light came on and got a horn going off so gathered this had to do with the doors being opened (read in the qrf 2.2 auto fail pressuration fail) tried to retify the fault but couldnt silence the dreaded horn so story is not to take off with doors warning lights on which dont kn ow since i didnt open the doors starnge one so anyone explain the remedy if i come acrross this agin

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It's in the introduction manual, in the "DETAILS AND QUIRKS OF THE PMDG 737NGX" section ;) Page 117 "Transient warning for the over-wing exits is possible due to anoccasional slow latching mechanism on the over-wing hatchlocks. The indication is transient and can be ignored providedthat it extinguishes almost immediately. You will see theindication as a transient illumination of the Master Caution fromthe captain’s perspective, but if flying from the first officer’sperspective you will also see the DOORS caption illuminate" "Most door warnings that you receive while on the ground willresult from faulty, cluttered or obstructed sensors. While on theground, cycling a door open/closed will usually cure the problemfor you. If the problem does not clear, takeoff is inadvisable." "Door warnings received in the air have potentially seriousconsequences. Follow the Quick Reference Handbookprocedure carefully to avoid aircraft damage or loss ofpressurization."

yea thx for that i did open and close the doors but didnt solve the prob

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

yea thx for that i did open and close the doors but didnt solve the prob
i had this as well today when moving the throttles to 40% N1 for take off. The doors warning appeared on the F/O side. So i aborted take off and searched on this forum and found this thread. I opened/closed all doors twice and it still wasn't gone. then did some extra taxi manouvres and it finally disappeared and i was able to continue a safe trip from EHAM to EDDK

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable