Sign in to follow this  
richjb2

CTD With Selection of Other Aircraft Add-Ons -- Missing FSUIPC, PMDG, & Level D Drop-Down Menus

PMDG Staff... Great product! I only had a limited time yesterday to fly the new NGX, but it was GREAT! However, two issues of concern: 1. After installing NGX, other aircraft add-on's, e.g. PMDG B747X and Level D, no longer work. Selecting either aircraft generates these error messages: Level D: "Panel Initialization Failure. Reinstall Level D Simulations B767-300" PMDG B747X: "PMDG_747400_Main.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL", "PMDG_747_ACS.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL", and "PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL" Once each of these error messages is acknowledged, an FSX "Fatal Error" message is posted and the program CTDs. Note: Other add-ons, e.g. Wilco's Citation X & Embarer ERJ V2, Leonardo Maddog MD80, appear to be unaffected. These add-ons start normally, although I have not flown them. 2. The drop-down menus for FSUIPC, PMDG, and Level D are no longer shown in the FSX Menu Bar. This was my first clue that something was amiss and led me to test these other aircraft. 3. FSUIPC is no longer functioning. I know this because if some generic view joystick button-assigned key presses programmed in FSUIPC for my PFC Yoke. These joystick buttons no longer generate the assigned key response. The FSX programmed actions for joystick puttons, e.g. autopilot disengage, still work. System: i7 2600K 8GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit. GTX-460. New, purpose built system for NGX last month with relatively new & clean FSX install. Frame Rates with most sliders full right = 35-45 FPS. I am NOT overclocking, but running at stock processor speed. I guess the first option is to uninstall re-install affected programs. Not a big problem, however, before I take that action, I want to know if doing so will cause problems with my nicely running NGX? Thoughts? Thanks for your help! Rich BollWichita, KS

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I had to do some relarraigning on my DLL.XML file.Make sure the section on FSUIPC is above the section on Level D. If it is below, you will get a panel initiation error.After installing the NGX, I noticed that some things in the DLL.XML file had been moved. Mainly FSUIPC had been moved to the bottom of the list. This is not unusual though, when installing airplane sims, and I just put everything back where it was and now everything loads up correctly.

Ok, the formatting (spaces) didn't carry over in my post. I'll try to sort this out and repost, but you should be able to find it via Google as described below. Sorry! PM me your email address, and I'll send you my DLL.XML file. Dave This appears to be an DLL.XML issue, which can occur when a new aircraft is installed. If memory serves, PMDG installations USED to unintentionally reformat the DLL.XML file, which meant that FSX couldn't properly read it (thus the problem with the Addon Menu). You can Google PMDG and DLL.XML for more information on this. You will also be able to find a utility for correcting this, but I find it easier to do it manually. Anyway, not to worry, it's easily fixed. I've pasted my XML.DLL file below, which you can use as a guide to fix yours. Remember that our entries will differ, but the formatting (the number of spaces) are the same for each group of entries. 1. If your DLL.XML file appears formatted correctly (correct number of spaces for the requisite lines), then your DLL.XML file is PROBABLY not the cause. However given what you described, I'm betting it is the culprit. 2. The PMDG installation SHOULD have created a backup of your DLL.XML file before it modified it. You can find the DLL.XML and any backups in the same location as your FSX Config file, which is your Roaming directory. I have Windows 7-64, and my Roaming directory is located at: C:\Users\(your user account)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX 3. Backup your DLL.XML file BEFORE making any changes (attempting to format it correctly).4. Open the DLL.XML file in Notepad and format the entry groups as in the example below. Remember to count the spaces for EACH line. Again, Google PMDG and DLL.XML for additional information. NOTE: REALLY IMPORTANT TO GET THE NUMBER OF SPACES CORRECT FOR EACH LINE, and the correct characters such as < and > as well. Everything has to be perfect. Hope this helps resolve things for you! My DLL.XML FILE <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSCopilot</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Fly the Maddog</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

PMDG Staff... Great product! I only had a limited time yesterday to fly the new NGX, but it was GREAT! However, two issues of concern: 1. After installing NGX, other aircraft add-on's, e.g. PMDG B747X and Level D, no longer work. Selecting either aircraft generates these error messages: Level D: "Panel Initialization Failure. Reinstall Level D Simulations B767-300" PMDG B747X: "PMDG_747400_Main.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL", "PMDG_747_ACS.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL", and "PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL" Once each of these error messages is acknowledged, an FSX "Fatal Error" message is posted and the program CTDs. Note: Other add-ons, e.g. Wilco's Citation X & Embarer ERJ V2, Leonardo Maddog MD80, appear to be unaffected. These add-ons start normally, although I have not flown them. 2. The drop-down menus for FSUIPC, PMDG, and Level D are no longer shown in the FSX Menu Bar. This was my first clue that something was amiss and led me to test these other aircraft. 3. FSUIPC is no longer functioning. I know this because if some generic view joystick button-assigned key presses programmed in FSUIPC for my PFC Yoke. These joystick buttons no longer generate the assigned key response. The FSX programmed actions for joystick puttons, e.g. autopilot disengage, still work. System: i7 2600K 8GB RAM, Win 7 64 bit. GTX-460. New, purpose built system for NGX last month with relatively new & clean FSX install. Frame Rates with most sliders full right = 35-45 FPS. I am NOT overclocking, but running at stock processor speed. I guess the first option is to uninstall re-install affected programs. Not a big problem, however, before I take that action, I want to know if doing so will cause problems with my nicely running NGX? Thoughts? Thanks for your help! Rich BollWichita, KS
PM me your email address, and I'll send you my DLL.XML file. Edited by DaveCT2003

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Here's a copy of my dll.xml file, presumably after NGX installation - I say "presumably" since I had no issues prior to NGX install: <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon><?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Fly the Maddog</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>D:\FSX\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FeelThere ERJX Helper</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>FeelThere\Erj\E145XH.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FeelThere CitationX Helper</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>FeelThere\CitationX\CitationXH.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>It appears that the NGX install added its <Launch.addon> tag above everything else. PMDG did saveHere's my repaired copy of the dll.xml file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?><SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0"> <Descr>Launch</Descr> <Filename>dll.xml</Filename> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name> <Disabled>True</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Level-D Simulations</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>Modules\LVLD.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Options</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Events</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>Fly the Maddog</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad> <Path>D:\FSX\Modules\LeonardoSH.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FeelThere ERJX Helper</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>FeelThere\Erj\E145XH.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>FeelThere CitationX Helper</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>FeelThere\CitationX\CitationXH.dll</Path> </Launch.Addon> <Launch.Addon> <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name> <Disabled>False</Disabled> <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path> <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName> <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName> </Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document> Problem FIXED... Issue Resolved Money Eyes.gif Dave, thanks for the help! PMDG staff...would this qualfiy as a "sticky posting?" Thank again!

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS