Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Aviograsf A340 has been released!

Guest mikealpha

>> Oh, and who says PMDG *might* not be looking at doing an Airbus in the future??? Well, I hope it will be not only *looking* ;). I heard PMDG mentioned in their Forum they won't do it due to non official Airbus support. Maybe they haven't asked the right people, I don't know.Although - if Airbus officials might have seen how their aircraft got represented so far in FS, I could very much understand they might be afraid further supporting this :DMike

There's a chance Robert could be flying A320's soon with the announcement of his airline (Independence Air) buying a bunch of them - I think that might be the next best source of info PMDG could get on the plane other than Airbus themselves... [;)]

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest alvin747

PSS A340 is fantastic in terms of the fly by wire controls. It simulates the real A343 very well with Auto trim.. etc.PSS for me still!

Guest mikealpha

>> is fantastic in terms of the fly by wire controlsThen make the most simple FBW test please. Fly your Airbus with a vertical speed of your choice (or even level off). Then hands off from stick and move the throttle or extend/retract the flaps. Does the Airbus accelerate or decelerate ONLY and hold that vertical speed ?If yes, you have an FBW plane. If not, then there is nothing fantastic regarding FBW.Mike

To sum all this up, i did a testflight with this A340 yesterday evening again, a longer one this time...I have to say from all what i saw and compared to other addons from PMDG or even PSS, this plane is in a late alpha / early beta and not even close to a gold stadium. It needs a lot of tweaking, optimizing and especially the internal graphics have to be reworked to meet todays standards. The list of little and annoying errors is so long i will not start here..one of the most bizarre is, that on the ground with no engines on you cannot set the parking brake. It releases itself after a few moments and by looking at the brake temperature i saw it was in the 500

Guest keattchr

Really?I haven't flown it since I purchased it on day of release. I took off, tried to stall it and did - I was so disgusted! Are you saying the FBW now works as it should so its impossible to stall etc?Ray Keattch.

Guest A386

In the case of an Airbus addon nothing comes close to A320PIC at the moment.I really thought the Aviograsf would knock down A320PIC in quality etc, but it's just near PSS quality level.Are there any other Airbus projects besides Project Magenta trying to do some professional products ?

>Are you saying the FBW now works as it should so its>impossible to stall etc?No it (PSS) does not, not at all. It is still possible to stall the airplane. Also Autotrim kicks in much too late at take-off, you actually have to climb 1000ft AGL until you get autotrim... And those are just some of the issues... Gotta check the Avioas-whatever A340, maybe they have a better FBW...Regards,Markus

Markus Burkhard

Unfortunately not that i know of another professional Airbus-product. I would be highly interested in one.Best regardsHolger

Guest Erick_Cantu

All I know is that I've still yet to find an A340 visual model which looks right...anywhere...

Maybe a stupid reason, but I decided NOT to buy because of the screenshots on their website. Very bad ones if you aks me. They didn't even bother presenting a painted exterior picture. The cockpit pictures are not convincing either. Reading opinions about this plane, it seems it performs as bad as the screenprints look...