Sign in to follow this  
Andymk

Rejected takeoffs (how to)

Hey all,What triggers a rejected takeoff in the NG?I looked for a keyboard command but couldnt see anything.And Im unable to reduce my thrusters to idle once TOGA has been activated.So what is the correct procedure? I didnt see a checklist for it.

Always set the autobrakes switch to RTO before a takeoff.That's standard procedure. Fred.

Interesting, I cant get rid of them :) Everytime I set the throttles to 40%, and activate TOGA, I get an RTO before Vr. If I pull back the throttles to idle, and then toggle TOGA, I take off anf fly without any problems. Maybe the CH THr quad is generating spikes, but been calibrated several times already.Any ideas?

Follow the actual NGX throttle position with your controllers position as the engines accelerate. There's a blue indicator for that but it has to be configured through the CDU setup menus.

Omar Josef
737/757/767

Thanks, I was having paranoid issues by now touching the throttles during TOGA :(, but I'll definitely give this one a try!

Hi,

don't know what I'm doing wrong but I don't have braking action while RTO.

When reach V1, I full pull back throttles, disarm A/T (switch is on RTO position) and apply reverse thrust, but aircraft slows down by engines.

Only after I normally apply brakes ("." key or assigned controller button), they work.

Lucas

You should read the QRH section on non normal operations rejected takeoff.... MAN.1.1; disarming A/T is not in the procedure.  RTO braking should be applied, make sure your controller is not spiking the brake signal because this would disarm RTO braking.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Dan,

from QRH:

"Verify actions as follows:

Thrust levers closed.

Autothrottles disengaged.

Maximum brakes applied.

...etc."

First step in our ORH:

"Simultaneously close the thrust levers, disengage the autothrottles and apply maximum manual wheel brakes or verify operation of RTO autobrake."

Yup... I need a refresher course in reading. Shame on me.

Dan Downs KCRP