Sign in to follow this  
gman!

GA Flight across the North Atlantic!

It's rare to find me posting screenshots on this forum, but I'm getting back into FSX and the whole flying thing so I decided to share some shots today from my early morn' ga flight. Flew from the Vagar Airport (EKVG) which is part of the Faroe Islands. The scenery there is really beautiful, I recommend that anyone that takes that flies out of there to take a quick look @ the scenery. Flew the Lancair IV-P on this flight =D Sun rises as I fly over the Atlantic. On the second leg of the flight, still got a little bit to go before I see land!20118611012586.jpgA little cloudy, but nothing out of the norm. FP is IFR anyway!20118611040460.jpgPlane cruising doing 280 KTS groundspeed easily with 72% power! IAS is around 215 KTS.20118611133421.jpgTried to get some cool angles for this flight. Pretending I have a GoPro camera in FSX2011861826912.jpgPax in the back have an awesome view.20118611118483.jpg106 nm left. We’ll be there soon!20118612128447.jpgInbound the beautiful Isle of Lewis for approach at EGPO2011861423211.jpgRunway in sight, coming in for the visual runway 17/18!20118614537736.jpgPlane is parked and ready for shutdown! Time to get some food and drinks and rest up for the next flight south.20118615424721.jpgOverall, it was a great flight (but when is it ever bad in this plane really [kudos to orbx] ? unless I screw up the landing lol). Really enjoyed the sunrise and the view is awesome flying towards the UK. Hope I can do this in real life sometime and explore the world a little bit (the chilly northern air would sure be refreshing)

Nice shots! Reminds me of a ATC joke with a cessna: Student Pilot: ‘I’m lost; I’m over a big lake and heading toward the big “E”.Controller: ‘Make several 90 degree turns so I can identify you on radar.’ (short pause)… Controller: ‘Okay then. That big lake is the Atlantic Ocean . Suggest you turn to the big “W” immediately ..’ :(

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Hahah, thanks =). I'm glad i haven't been in that situation... yet! LOL.gif Hopefully that will never happen to me on one of my training flights :(

Hehe, I saw the title of your thread and before I opened it I thought to myself, "This would be a fun flight in the Orbx Lancair".

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Hehe, I saw the title of your thread and before I opened it I thought to myself, "This would be a fun flight in the Orbx Lancair".
The flight was perfect for the lancair. I bet you'll enjoy it a lot if you try the route :D

Nice shots and they bring back some recent memories. I did the north Atlantic crossing for real in my friend's TBM700 two months ago, stopping at Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, England and finally Paris. Was a wonderful trip.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Nice shots and they bring back some recent memories. I did the north Atlantic crossing for real in my friend's TBM700 two months ago, stopping at Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scotland, England and finally Paris. Was a wonderful trip.
Lucky you! The TBM700 is a wonderful plane and after I saw it for the first time, I've become a turboprop addict lol. Cheers

Very nice shots! What is the ground texture seen used at the landing airport? Thx, Alex

Thanks everyone, sorry it took a while to reply, I've been really busy lately getting a job and starting the first year at college. The ground texture's are the default FSX scenery believe it or not lol. I recently bought UTX Europe though (haven't had anytime to fire up FSX though) so I'm hoping to do this flight again and see how much similar or different it is!