Sign in to follow this  
THibben

PFC Throttle quadrants

I am using Precision Flight Control equipment which includes the Jet Console with a 737NG throttle quadrant. So far I have not been able to get the spoiler, flaps or landing gear to actuate from the console. I have calibrated the quadrant from within the PFC setup and it looks normal. I also use their Jet Column yoke and Rudder Pedals. Any thoughts from anyone that may have the same equipment or have any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Tom Hibben

I should have mentioned I am running Win 7 Ultimate 64, 6G ram. i7 980X CPU, ATI Radeon HD 5850 and FSX with accel. Tom Hibben

Hi Tom, I have the PFC quadrant too. The lever for the spoilers and the landing gear aren´t working. Thrust and flaps are doing well.Let´s hope there´s some solution. Rudy Knott

Hi Rudy, That is interesting, as my flaps don't work. Are you using the 737NG throttle Quadrant with the flap lever? That is the one I am using and the flap and spoiler don't work nor does the landing gear lever on the Jet Console. The throttles and reversers do work. I think I did get the flap lever switch working on the console. Tom

In the gear warning thread users are having same issue with their PFC equip. Seems to me it was never beta tested on PFC hardware. I am surmising most commands are run through simconnect thus the PFC stuff which is run through their own .dll and fsuipc is not seen by the plane. I asked about this along time ago but I guess it did not get looked at. I guess for now we are screwed. Can someone from pmdg give a word about this?

Eric 

Hi Tom, What I use is just called "Two engines throttle" with spoiler and reverser. No special NG. In my case the flap lever is just a switch on the console. It seems to work like F6 and F7 on the keyboard. Unfortunately this doesn´t work for the gear switch. Rudy

Ryan, is this a known issue or something new?

Eric 

Ok, my gear lever does not work either. My flaps switch works fine. The spoiler lever does not work either. Tried mapping both the gear and the spoiler without success. Seems most of us are having issues with just those two levers, the gear and the spoilers. If anyone knows a workaround yet, let us know please!

Eric 

I can attest to the above issues, I have the Precision Flight Controls (PFC) with the 737NG throttle quad. It work like a charm on other payware, but with the NGX I can not use the speedbrake, flaps or gear levers. I believe this may have some association with the AC performance in climb etc. It seems as these devices were not coded (if was needed) in the NGX dll. It seem to force things into the FSUIPC settings which I have tried to stay away from. However, it does look like the PFC quad may requre fine tuning in its program from within FSX. Just speculating, but it was I have found to give a cure to what is going on with the NGX. Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

For those who may not be familiar with the PFC NG quadrant I have attached a photo. I have it installed in the Jet Console. I am having the same problems as Joe has however I have managed to get the flap switch on the console to work. It is immediately ahead of the Flap lever on the Quadrant. This may take a PFC.dll update from Peter Dowson. He is on vacation until Aug 8 so might try contacting him tomorrow. Tom

N1 as well will not go below 42%, thus you cannot slow the plane down at all as well. This is with my throttles calibrated all the way down to zero. Climb will not work either as it appears the throttles are interfering somehow with the AP. Plane is basically useless to me due to the issues with the PFC hardware. Unless they can address it I cannot use it anymore.

Eric 

Eric, I have my throttle calibrated and my N1 is 21.0 on both engines. I calibated through the PFC calibration. I have no problem with it. Have you tried deleting your fsuipc.cfg and letting it rebuild? Tom

For those who may not be familiar with the PFC NG quadrant I have attached a photo. I have it installed in the Jet Console. I am having the same problems as Joe has however I have managed to get the flap switch on the console to work. It is immediately ahead of the Flap lever on the Quadrant. This may take a PFC.dll update from Peter Dowson. He is on vacation until Aug 8 so might try contacting him tomorrow. Tom
I have very similar equipment and yours looks nice Tom. i may try deleting the FSUIPC .cfg and also updating to the latest pay version. I have 4.7 of FSUIPC. Any other thougts? Did anyone find any thing to make these work? I can get the gear lever to work if the gear handle is in 'Off' postion and the flaps switch works but the quadrand flap lever does not work. Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Eric, I have my throttle calibrated and my N1 is 21.0 on both engines. I calibated through the PFC calibration. I have no problem with it. Have you tried deleting your fsuipc.cfg and letting it rebuild? Tom
Tom, I am goinh to try thr fsuipc delete and see what that does.

Eric