Sign in to follow this  
Thomas Crowell

Not-so-good FPS

I've got a pretty good system (i7 930 @4.2Ghz, GTX 470, W7 Home Premium,1TB for W7, 150GB Velociraptor for FSX) but for some reason my FPS with the NGX aren't good at all. I get 20+ FPS on the ground at most airports, but right after takeoff, FPS slow to 1-3FPS! I'm running all the tweaks mentioned in the Intro. Any ideas? Thanks. Most sliders are to the right with the exception of autogen which is at none.

I've got a pretty good system (i7 930 @4.2Ghz, GTX 470, W7 Home Premium,1TB for W7, 150GB Velociraptor for FSX) but for some reason my FPS with the NGX aren't good at all. I get 20+ FPS on the ground at most airports, but right after takeoff, FPS slow to 1-3FPS! I'm running all the tweaks mentioned in the Intro. Any ideas? Thanks. Most sliders are to the right with the exception of autogen which is at none.
Have you tried the external frame limiter m8ty .

Your system is very like mine, and I've got very acceptable frames at all stages (just a little stutter when I expand the CDU or one of the screens) - are you using windowed or full screen? If windowed, try hiding the task bar, that can make a huge difference. Also try Bojote's cfg utility, mentioned in the instructions.

Paul Skol

well yust bought it tonight,made my first flight egll-eham,the systems are yust amazing(thanks pmdg team),like flying a real 737,but little trouble with fps,i had been md 11 captain for two year flying daily in game spay and vatsim always ha great performance 30-35 fps in vc of md11,but ngx 8-18 its litlle sad,i now my system is not hi end one amd quad core 2.5phenomx4, ddr2 4gig,ati hd4850 1024mb but still as many captains reported its equal as md 11,cfg is tweaket up by *******,settings mid range,but still 8-18fps.

That fixed it. Cheers
Did you read and follow the recommendations in the Introduction?