Sign in to follow this  
Bookie454

Livery Manager

Hello there,I have searched the forums for the same problem as mine. The problem is as follows, when i click the .ptp file, to install the livery, the manager just hangs, looks like its doing something, then it stops responding. I havent been able to get any liveries for this bird installed, i've tried running it as administrator but its still does not work. Any ideas what may be the problem, also if you know how to fix it, could you please tell me.Many thanksSam Book

Sam Book

Hi, More or less the same problem here. When trying to install a livery to the NGX 800 Winglets (haven't tried other versions), I get a message that the livery manager stops responding. Thanx, Ralf

strange, works fine for me ...installed all 50 liveries and all show up ingame ...only thing I did was removing the write protection of the aircraft.cfg (4files) and startet the tool as admin ...unziped all and then added them no problems

P.L. Tran

AMD Ryzen 5800x; 32 GB Ram; EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3; Win10 64 Bit

I was having a similar issue, rather then locking up mine would just install the selected livery and erase the old one from the aircraft.cfg. Go into Windows explorer, browse to FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX WL , right click on the aircraft.cfg AND aircraft.cfg_old ( if it exists ), go to properties, uncheck the box "read-only", click "apply", then "OK". Go back to the Livery Manager ( if you Windows Vista or 7 right click on your icon and select "run as administrator" ). Select the version you want to install the liveries for in the left hand box and click the "Select liveries to install" button. Select all of the liveries for that aircraft variant and click the Open button. Do NOT select liveries from a different variant! I only had the issue on the 800 WL, all others installed OK. My particular issue was not solved by removing the read-only flag from aircraft.cfg, I had to remove it from aircraft.cfg_old as well. Note you may have to remove the read-only flag from aircraft.cfg_old every time you run the Livery Manager

Thanks for the advice which I have followed. The only textures loaded correctly are the ones of the 900NGX winglets while the others only show 0ne paint. However in the respective folders I did find the texture folders of all installed aircrafts.... but NOT in the CFG file. Here is only the PMDG house and One extra aircraft ! Did a de-installation and tried it a second time but no luck.

Thanx for this.I gave it another try. The 'read only' boxes on the .cfg files were already unchecked. So I retried and had the same problem.I ran the tool as administrator. Same problem again.Then I unchecked the 'read onl' box from the 800NGX FOLDER, ran the tool as administrator and: it worked Looking forward to work my way further through this wonderful product.