Sign in to follow this  
drewsaw2

GTX 560 TI poor performance

Hey guys I just put together my first build yesterday, loaded it up and intsalled the drivers (hopefully the right ones) and did all the ******* tweaks but I'm still having problems. I'm running the i5 2500k and my GPU is a Asus GTX 560 ti I've manage about 50 fps but I'm getting horrible shimmering and stuttering. And I mean horrible. Its virtually unplayable. Not something I expected from a higher end system. The frames drop down to 20 with the PMDG j4100. And they usually jump lower than that when looking out the side windows. Most of the shimmering is in the distance, i.e. tress, jet bridges etc. I also have objects that are flashing at such a high rate that its hard to make out what they actually are even up close. The textures on the ground are bad too; The taxi way makings and runway center lines for example just seem to blend in with the asphalt like a runny egg even with global max texture selected. Also on the fsx main screen when the aircraft is displayed in the window, it doesn't rotate around smoothly, its more or less a slide show there too ANyway, I could go on but I think you get the point. I'm starting to worry its something to do with the way I put it together, but I dont know. Help me please!

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

DX 10 Preview is off right?
Yes it it

CPU: i7-9700KF stable @ 5.0GHz | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 Ti @ stock | RAM: G. Skill Trident Z 32GB (2x16GB) 3200Mhz | PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus | COOLING: Deepcool Castle 240 AIO | PANEL: 27" @ 1080p

I have exactly the same card and processor and I am not seeing this. I did have some shimmering but fixed it with additional setting in Nvidia Inspector. See this thread http://forum.avsim.net/topic/334994-does-anybodys-new-computer-slow-down-a-lot-with-weather/ Mark.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Really? guys I think this problem may be unreleated to FSX because I'm having stutter and shimmering issues in all video and media playback. This includes videos on youtube and dvd's. I wonder what I did wrong

Download Nvidia Inspector and follow this guide over at PMDG. http://forum.avsim.n...f-all-settings/
This one helped a little bit. Still a long way from good

Well, since you have exactly the same processor and Graphics card as me, i will post here some useful things that helped me get some amazing performance in fsx. when SP2 or acc is installed, configure your things in fsx then fire up a default flight, then exit fsx go to http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html this is Bojote´s automated tweaking tool, follow the instructions and do it. After that set your fps settings to unlimited and get external fps limiter, follow the instructions and set it to 30. then in nvidia inspector, this is my settings for 1600x900 screen, depending of your resolution maybe you will have to turn down AA settings: inspsee.jpg You also can defrag your hdd, it helps a lot. I fly 90% of the time the QW 757, and the only places that my fps goes sub 30 is in london and new york, in NY the fps can go down to 18-20 sometimes. EDDF also can be hard sometimes but this depends heavily on the system. Here a shot of the results i post some weeks ago on simflight forums, My traffic on 60% in UK2000 EGLL, as you can see i can get 23 fps (aircraft shadows is on, but i cant see them i dont know whyJust%20Kidding.gif when at QW 757 cockpit fps goes to 20-19-21 more or less.fpsegll.jpg Maybe you already know all these things i posted, but it really helps since we have the same hardware. Good luck!

7800X3D / 7900XTX / ROG STRIX B650-A / Corsair Vengeance 32GB 6000mhz, etc etc.

Hey thanks for taking the time to post that Paul. I did some tweaking before installing Sp2, I wonder if that could have something to do with it. I did Bojote's automated tweaks but it seemed to make things a worse. I'm going to re-install it today and try it again because I've messed with too many things in the cfg by now. I will use your Nvidia inspector settings and report back on things. But the fps are not as much of an issue as the wild stuttering and "moving textures" (I say moving because everything seems to sparkle and shimmer, mostly the scenery) Again, I'll report back cheers

Ok so, I have anothe post going in the CPU MOBO forum so I may be repeating myself a little. Sorry for taking up space. I did a reinstall today nad everything was fine until installing the SP2, then the stutters came back. I am also getting black flashes and lines while flying for some reason I have installed all the latest drivers, implemented many of Bojote's tweaks manually (because the automatic tweaks made performance worse). I have also tuned my OS a little courtesy of BlackViper and have defraged many times NvidiaInspector helped a little with AA so I'm keeping those settings. But other than that I'm not sure what else to do. Locking the frames and setting them at ulimited seems to do nothing either. I dont care if the frames never go above 25 I just want it to be smooth. But so far my laptop kills this system. Still scratching my head

What about flying without all the tweaks? That is the right place to start IMHO.. it should be smooth andstutter-free before applying any tweak at all. Then start with the Affinitymask=14 tweakand work your way from there. And start with the FPS locked at 30...

Bert

Ok I did another reinstall using Nick's directions. I followed them to completely without missing a step and the stutters are worse than any previous install. I'm starting to think its a hardware problem

Drew,You figure out your problem with FSX yet, i have the same exact problem. I pretty much have the same exact rig but with a asus MOBO and I am at 4.6GHz. I cant figure out the stutter issue at all.