Sign in to follow this  
lonewulf

Keyboard input to FMC

When using the FMC on a second screen input from the keyboard is not possible. I usually move it out of the cockpit sight onto a second screen. Now as long as the focus is on the (primary) cockpit screen the input is working holding the TAB key but hitting one of the LSKs of course changes the focus to the FMS and then the keyboard input doesn't work anymore. Its not a real big issue but nevertheless annoying to alyways change the focus back and forth. Could there possibly be a workaround for this ? Oskar

Well, that's exactly the issue! Then the focus is again on the FMC. The green box pops up but it won't show any of the keyboard's inputs. Oskar

I don't know if you'll want to do this, but you can use the F keys on your keyboard to control the LSK keys. That way you don't need to use the mouse.

I see the same problem.I have my CDU on a 2nd panel, the scratch pad green box is on, but typing does nothing, docking it back to the main screen the scratchpad works again.

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Hmm, did I miss something here Worried.gif ? On my keyboard the F-keys have the default functions: F1-F4 throttle, F5-F8 flaps, F9-F12 views. Oskar

Hmm, did I miss something here Worried.gif ? On my keyboard the F-keys have the default functions: F1-F4 throttle, F5-F8 flaps, F9-F12 views.
Even after you have the green box? Sorry if I wasn't clear there, you'll still need to press tab or click on the scratchpad to get the green box. Then you can use the F keys to control the LSK keys on the CDU.

Well, yes that works - but to be honest: this is not a really comfy handing of the FMC biggrin.png . The trouble is that whenever I lose focus of the primary screen everything is lost again. So - lot's of clicking around to keep the focus on the main screen. I know it's a programming issue as "others" can make similar input configurations work on secondary screens. I mean I can live with it I would just like to have it more comfortable. Well, my next try will be with a touchscreen. I guess that will work normally Praying.gif Oskar