Sign in to follow this  
crvm

Captains - if you have a sec while flying

I'm having an issue with HOLDS. Anytime I exit a PPOS HOLD it arms correctly but it then creates a DISCON on the rte where there was not any prior to entering the hold. Can someone confirm by HOLD>PPOS then exit hold and tell me what your results are please.

just entered a hold at ppos, does create discon, but i just cleared the discon out and it worked fine

just entered a hold at ppos, does create discon, but i just cleared the discon out and it worked fine
OK thanks but it's not suppose to do that. 2yllphs.jpg

OK thanks but it's not suppose to do that.
see page 1117 of fcom v2 (11.43.45) EDIT: AFAIK PPOS is a terninal, not a downpath waypoint. Since the entered route must be a continuous series of legs, a terminal (or offpath) waypoint will create a discontinuity. Hope this helps

see page 1117 of fcom v2 (11.43.45) EDIT: AFAIK PPOS is a terninal, not a downpath waypoint. Since the entered route must be a continuous series of legs, a terminal (or offpath) waypoint will create a discontinuity. Hope this helps
I'm not sure what you mean but the NG has always resumed a PPOS HOLD from an active rte since it creates a point on the path @ PPOS. Do you have a REF to where that is different? Look at 'EXEC key' entry belowdptgt4.jpg There seems to be issues with HOLD even along active wpt- Try this - Select NEXT HOLD s/p entry and exec. Enter the HOLD and after it begins it's standard R turn EXIT ARM. The aircraft will command a DIR TO instead of finishing the standard turn back to the wpt then resuming. Now - a DIR TO can be performed for that but not through EXIT ARM command. Something else about VNAV disengaging when it should remain VNAV SPD and going ALT HOLD in a HOLD DES. Ummm I will be blown away of Boeing started going backwards in terms of these systems. I'm heading to the PMDG manuals BBL...