Sign in to follow this  
shortspecialbus

Reproducible Map/CDU Freeze issue with plan mode

I have a reproducible (for me, at least) issue with the CDU and the map display. Basically, the map display freezes in a sense, and the CDU breaks. My steps to reproduce (literally everything): -Load Alaska Air 737-800 WL-Set Payload to: 132 passengers (single class)----Cargo is 8753 in front, 9524 in rear-Set fuel to 20950-Load Cold and Dark panel state-Enable ground power-Turn on battery-Turn on standby power-Turn on ground power-Turn IRS switches to NAV-CDU:----POS INIT------PAKT as reference airport------Enter IRS position from GPS----ROUTE------PAKT as ORIGIN------KBOI as DEST----DEP/ARR------Runway 29 selected for DEP------RNAVZ 28L, EMETT trans----RTE------DIRECT -> ANN------J502 -> SEA------J20 -> DNJ------Clear the discontinuity by upselecting EMETT-Activate and Exec the route-Switch map to PLN-Activate LEGS on CDU Try stepping through route. The STEP bug will not exist or move, and the map is forever stuck on PLAN mode. You can attempt to change it but it's stuck on PLAN, and the FO's map is stuck on whatever mode it was on. You can still change the range of the map, but it will be (at least for me) stuck on the broken PLAN map. The CDU is also messed up at this point. I attempted to save the panel state to include in a bug report, but it just goes to a black screen when i hit the LSK to save the panel state. The PAYLOAD screen is also messed up, as well as a number of other pages such as POS INIT. I am able to reproduce this consistently, including waiting a day and across a reboot. I'd be curious if anyone else is as well, or if there's a solution, or if I'm doing something wrong here. I'd also be happy to open a support ticket if someone from PMDG asks me to. Here's a screenshot. You can see the map is not selected to PLAN mode, and I also threw in a CDU page of the fuel. EbWMn.jpg Thanks! -stefan

Is a problem with lots of route try to insert the route into the legs page fix by fix it should work. Fon now no information from PMDG about CDU crash

Is a problem with lots of route try to insert the route into the legs page fix by fix it should work. Fon now no information from PMDG about CDU crash
Skipping the route entry and manually entering all the legs did indeed seem to work. I'll just do that for now. Thanks! -stefan

This is exactly the problem I just had 2 times in a row at different airports and different routes. I gave up for now.Andrew

Does this count as the panel freeze/lockup issue that's being tested? For unrelated reasons, I completely reinstalled the OS and FSX and all the addons onto a brand new hard drive, and the issue persists. -stefan

I can also reproduce CTDs with the plan mode, and also after any loaded, and activated flightplans, when trying to enter the CRZ alt at the perf init page. Both caused total screen freezes, after managed the deleting of the uiautomationcore files (as explained on the virtualfsx site), it only freezes the VC screens now, but all of them. I managed some clean flights, but only worked when starting c@d panel state. I definitely believe that the issue is related with the loaded flights and loaded panel states. Sorry if im wrong, just trying to help to solve the case.Im using win7 64 , i7 870, 8G DDR 3, GTX480., ASE,REX2,UTXeu,GEX,FSUIPC4reg, read the INTRO, all tweaks done.

Just sit tight and wait for the hotfix. I've had to hangar the NGX for now, as I get a freeze on approach nearly every flight when flying into somewhere with high density scenery. Hopefully they won't take too long as this really is a showstopper for a lot of us.

Oops, that might be important then, my flights most of the time depart from Aerosoft Megascenery Budapest, which is areal fps killer.

Happened to me just now as well. My second panel freeze. I checked the plan mode, zoomed out and in and then all panels froze, and the FMC entry disappeard from the menu.

Hi Folks Just a quick one , I got a panel freeze today whilst flying from LPPT to EIDW , luckily enough it was in cruise so I had time to try & solve it , I just changed to the 2D cockpit then back to the VC , Solved . The Froze after messing with the MAIN PANEL DU's This may not solve your problem but I just taught I'd give my 2 cents . Cheers

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X; ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition,; Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 64GBSamsung Odyssey G70B 32inch 144Hz 4K UHD IPS Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160
Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; Tobii 5 Eye Tracker,  Trustmaster Boeing Yoke & Quadrant 

Paul Nicholls

I have experienced the same problem when trying to review a route in plan mode, CDU freezes and some other function do not work. I loaded a different save plane (md11) and all worked ok. Loaded a plane (737)that had not been saved and all worked ok. Flight went off with out a hitch.percy.

This also happened to me while on the ground at KSEA. I was stepping through my flight plan and it wouldn't let me switch it away from the flightplan view. The CDU also froze. Didn't happen to me on the flight I'm doing now though.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png