Sign in to follow this  
DaSwannies

IRS wont align

apu running, engines off, switch irs to nav, on dc shows, then switches to align, now align is flashing and no alignment....What am I doing wrong?

yeah, they are nav and the light showed align now its flashingim only getting position info from my gps

yeah, they are nav and the light showed align now its flashing
im only getting position info from gps

I'm confused. So you have entered the aircraft position via the CDU on the "POS INIT" page? And you've waited the right amount of time? +\-10minutes

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

and its not simutaneously. irs 1 flashes, then irs 2 vice versano there is no irs info in pos int only GPS

Have you given the IRS position information on the FMC POS INIT page?
no there is not irs postion info in pos int, only gps info availableor are you supposed to align from gps?

Yeah. I'm thinking your procedure is wrong. You're not entering the present coordinates into the blocks for the IRS "POS INIT" if I'm understanding you correctly.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

yes, but on page 2 of POS INT which is POS REF, do you select gps info or irs position info?

yes, but on page 2 of POS INT which is POS REF, do you select gps info or irs position info?
You have to transfer the GPS info into the "blocked" unknown IRS position. Operating Manual V.1 Normal Procedures NP.21.3 Maybe search for a tutorial on Youtube for the proper procedure if visuals help.

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules