Sign in to follow this  
AFAGNC

ngx performance comparated with other addon

guys, I run fsx on a slow system (windows XP 32bit, cpu dual core @2.66ghz, 2 G of RAM and a Nvidia 9500 gtx), so I want to understand if I can run the NGX. if you compared the performance (FPS), where would you place it in this list of addon for fsx? i.e. Level-D 767 (great performance), CS707 (or 757, however very heavy on my os), wilco busses... thankyou so much

Better than CS 727/707 hands-down. Not as smooth as the 67. Wilco busses...hmm haven't flown them in a while. Probably a tad bit less.

The 32 bit system may give you headaches with low memory crashes. I had Vista 32 and really could not fly the PDMG 747 without frequent crashes on low virtual memory and I had 4 GB ram, dual 8800 GTX cards, quad core processor OC to 3.7 Ghz.The LD767 ran great,the 747 was OK,but whenyou changed views - it ate up my memory and crashed. I think you may be under gunned here..

Paul Gugliotta

mmm... I'm very in doubt if buy then ngx or not... I can run the cs707 quite well (is flyable... ) in smaller apt and I've never get the message out of memory (sometimes fsx crashes without messages XD)... my principal doubt is about the 32bit OS

Similar question from me: My computer:CPU - AMD Phenom II X3 720 (2,8GHz)Radeon HD 48704GB RAMwin7 32bit Anyone knows what performance can i expect with this config? Any feedback would be much appreciatedAnd i mean performance on an addon free version of fsx, cause i'm still flying with fs9 mostly. Bartek.

My system is 3.5-4 years old, except for the graphics card, which i had to replace 0.5 years ago since my old 8800gts died. Core2Duo 2.7Ghz (o/c from 1.6)4 GB MemoryGeForce GT220 I recently installed a fresh Win7 64bit on a not so fast HDD (old 250 GB).I tweaked FSX with the introduction guide and installed REX, UTX, GEX and get 12-20 fps in the PMDG NGX (external locker at 20 fps, with same scenery settings as in the intro guide). Which is actually quite well fly-able and looks nice too.Haven't had any memory issues (yet! :)) with th 64 bit win7, even when sometimes my task manager shows 0 MB free RAM. FSX still goes on.In the tutorial flight from EGKK - EHAM i installed the relevant part of NL2000v4 scenery and it was nicely loaded when i got to the coast, no issues! My advice thus to people with comparable older systems is to install win7 64bit, tweak fsx using the introduction guide and use external frame rate limiter and it could very well be enough to run the NGX!

My system is 3.5-4 years old, except for the graphics card, which i had to replace 0.5 years ago since my old 8800gts died. Core2Duo 2.7Ghz (o/c from 1.6)4 GB MemoryGeForce GT220 I recently installed a fresh Win7 64bit on a not so fast HDD (old 250 GB).I tweaked FSX with the introduction guide and installed REX, UTX, GEX and get 12-20 fps in the PMDG NGX (external locker at 20 fps, with same scenery settings as in the intro guide). Which is actually quite well fly-able and looks nice too.Haven't had any memory issues (yet! :)) with th 64 bit win7, even when sometimes my task manager shows 0 MB free RAM. FSX still goes on.In the tutorial flight from EGKK - EHAM i installed the relevant part of NL2000v4 scenery and it was nicely loaded when i got to the coast, no issues! My advice thus to people with comparable older systems is to install win7 64bit, tweak fsx using the introduction guide and use external frame rate limiter and it could very well be enough to run the NGX!
mmm... maybe I can run 2 OS on the same pc... wind7 only for fsx (maybe a 40Gbyte partition)

mmm... maybe I can run 2 OS on the same pc... wind7 only for fsx (maybe a 40Gbyte partition)
As a matter of fact, I have that very setup at the moment. First partition of 250GB drive for Windows XP and last partition for Win7 64, works excellent.

As a matter of fact, I have that very setup at the moment. First partition of 250GB drive for Windows XP and last partition for Win7 64, works excellent.
I hope it's not too difficult to do this...

For those on 32 bit consider checking out the USERVA switch (Google), a run command to type/paste in that is reversible. Secondly raising Virtual Memory as a custom setting to the MAX Advised by Windows when you change to a Custom setting instead of Windows controlling it-also reversible and both take 5 mins. Kiss goodbye to the OOM errors like have since not long after FSX came out a few years back. I used it on several machines and after numerous HD wipes. I do not get the OOM errors at all now and I use Vista 32 bit with 4 gig RAM, used with a 7500GT, 7600GT, 8600GT and now a 240GT. To do it or not is your choice, I know what mine is and my FSX and NGX 737 work perfectly.

Hi, this is my specs: I7 920 (2.67Ghz) Ovc:4.02GhzRAM: 6GoNvidia GTX 260 896MbDisque dur SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4EG - 2 To - SATA II - 32 Mo cacheOS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64BitsWith all the problems I see on this forum I am not sure to buy the 737X. Do you think it will run reasonably with my config ?

On my system (Intel E8400, 4GB DDR2, GTX 260, Win 7 64, ASE+REX, ENB, most of the settings on high) I have quite similar fps compared with AirbusX (around 22-24 at MUC with 100% AI traffic), in outside view, less stable on PMDG than for AirbusX, but in VC they drop a lot... till 5 fps usually (between 5-10 fps).

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

I hope it's not too difficult to do this...
It depends. If you already have multiple partitions it should be easy. I had XP installed first and then installed Win7 on the second partition and it created a boot menu automatically.When you need to add a second partition to the current drive you might want to look at some drive partitioning software like PartitionMagic.

If you go to the NGX opening page, you will see that they added a notice that they recommend a Win 7 64 bit system and a high level graphics card to run this simulation. Henri

Henri Arsenault

For those on 32 bit consider checking out the USERVA switch (Google), a run command to type/paste in that is reversible. Secondly raising Virtual Memory as a custom setting to the MAX Advised by Windows when you change to a Custom setting instead of Windows controlling it-also reversible and both take 5 mins. Kiss goodbye to the OOM errors like have since not long after FSX came out a few years back. I used it on several machines and after numerous HD wipes. I do not get the OOM errors at all now and I use Vista 32 bit with 4 gig RAM, used with a 7500GT, 7600GT, 8600GT and now a 240GT. To do it or not is your choice, I know what mine is and my FSX and NGX 737 work perfectly.
I only have 2GB of ram but I'm going to add 2GB ok, I understood the first suggestion, but the second one ("Secondly raising Virtual Memory as a custom setting to the MAX Advised by Windows when you change to a Custom setting instead of Windows controlling it") is a bit obscure for me... can you send me a link or explain? it's my problem, I'm not english, so I need a bit more to understand everything... Straight%20Face.gif thankyou