Sign in to follow this  
AirVan

Question: FSPassengers & NGX

Hello PMDG & Fellow Simmers, I am an avid user of FSPX, and was wondering if the payload and fuel loader in FSPX had a conflict of any sort with NGX? I I am worried about the unique fuel system PMDG has put in the NGX. Thank you for your time, Eric C.

Yes it does, the two seem to work independently but simultaneously causing the fuel readouts (and weights I guess) to jump around. I have disabled the fuel/payload in fspax and I now input the fuel and payload data via the fmc.

Yes, it messed up my payload. Couldn't enter CG in fmc, and load was very wrong. So just disable fuel/payload i fspax and you'll be fine.

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

Hello PMDG & Fellow Simmers, I am an avid user of FSPX, and was wondering if the payload and fuel loader in FSPX had a conflict of any sort with NGX? I I am worried about the unique fuel system PMDG has put in the NGX. Thank you for your time, Eric C.
The first pdf in the series of manual documents makes a point of recommending strongly against using anything other than the CDU as a means of loading fuel and passengers etc.

Thank you everyone for your support. Now I just need to get my virtual Pilot hours up so I can buy and fly this bird in FSPX. lol. Doh.gif

Yes it does, the two seem to work independently but simultaneously causing the fuel readouts (and weights I guess) to jump around. I have disabled the fuel/payload in fspax and I now input the fuel and payload data via the fmc.
I hate to ask this, but how do you disable fuel and payload in FSPAX? I have looked all over the place for that option and I can't find it, including in the .cfg files.

-------------

john croft

I hate to ask this, but how do you disable fuel and payload in FSPAX? I have looked all over the place for that option and I can't find it, including in the .cfg files.
This can cause a fsx crash so I don't do it now, instead I load up the fuel in NGX then load FSPax and the ngx fuel is registered. Add passengers, destination etc and load it up. As long as you put the fuel in the NGX first it's be OK. I'm in a middle of a flight right now, but, if you insist on disabling the payload it's one of the tabs on the bottom right hand corner of the FSPax screen - that will take you to another options screen and there will be a drop down menu enabling you to disable the fuel and payload, sorry can remember the name of the tab - I'll edit later.

Here's how I fly using the NGX, TOPCAT, and FSP: 1. Use TOPCAT to come up with payload and fuel numbers (loadsheet)2. Load payload and fuel from TOPCAT loadsheet into the NGX using the CDU3. Start FSP with both Fuel and Payload settings disabled I don't worry about the discrepancy between the number of pax and P/L weight specified in FSP versus what's on the loadsheet. FSP doesn't care either. You're FSP income will be based on what you indicate in FSP however. Performance data is what matters to me and that comes from TOPCAT so those are the weights I actually set. Stacey Weaver

We went into more detail with someone who was using the demo version of FSPax; however you can still find a lot of good info. The answer to your question can be found at the link below in step-by-step instructions. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344223-pmdg-and-fsps-dont-get-along/page__view__findpost__p__2081753

Edward Smoker Sr.

thanks for the imformations. I am going to disable the payload and fuel.

Glad you found an answer, and welcome to the forum. It's a forum rule here to sign your name to your posts. Please do so in the future.

Kyle Rodgers