Sign in to follow this  
Barbs

Possible Commanded Speed Issue. Bug Up.

Hi Guys, Is anyone else seeing this? At acceleration height I wind the SPD selector to set flaps up speed. I do this by winding the knob until the bug matches the UP flag on the speed tape After setting this speed (usually 200-220kts depending on weight) I find that the MCP speed and the commanded speed (at the top of the speed tape is some 20kts below what the bug indicates). This is a little confusing as I am unsure as to exactly what speed is being commanded. At some stage later in the climb (perhpas after clean up) the bug starts doing normal things again. RegardsGreg

The bug goes to MCP Speed + 20 on liftoff. That's probably what you're seeing when it's 20 knots above MCP speed.

Hi Chaos, No this is after acceleration height when I am accelerating and retracting flaps on schedule. The Bug is at the Flaps Up flag but the speed that is commanded on the FMA and displayed on the MCP SPD window is somewhat less than what the bug on the speed tape indicates.

+1 Same problem! I opened and closed a FSX menu and the problem was temporally solved (maybe something was reload)! But in a second flight the issue was back again.....

I tried another flight..... Same story, after takeoff (Using TO/GA) follow FD.... 1500 AGL reduce to CLB thrust.....3000 AGL "BUG UP"...... but when I set the magenta bug over UP flaps speed on ASI (ex 220 KTS).... into MCP box the speed is 200 Kts! Any solution.... is it my mistake (new procedure with 10.8A) or a bug? Thanks

you will find that the command speed bug goes to v2+20 just after lift off where it should stay at v2. I have posted a new thread about this! I think that this is definitely not normal!

Same issue here, and when you select BUG UP, after taking off, lets say with FLAPS 25 with the 800, the speed bug stays at the lower edge of the MAX SPEED red band.There's also the bug when selecting VREF speed, in a RNAV approach, it doesn't calculate Vref+5 kts as the standard Vapp speed. Despite these "basic" errors, it's a great add on!

Rafael Henrique Carelli