Sign in to follow this  
pampiermole

What is this?

What is this thing above the captains head? The 'box' next to the eyebrow window?

The HUD was working (projecting) even when I put the projector up (clicking it). That seems not correct. Anyway, that was my guess too.

That looks like the HUD projector.
Indeed it is.
The HUD was working (projecting) even when I put the projector up (clicking it). That seems not correct.
The projector doesn't move in the real aircraft. PMDG added this to make it easier to access certain portions of the overhead panel.

The HUD was working (projecting) even when I put the projector up (clicking it). That seems not correct. Anyway, that was my guess too.
How can you tell it is projecting? The projector isn't supposed to move, it stays there all the time. The colluminator panel (the glass foldable part) is the only thing that folds away.

Jay. Wenn you click on the projector it moves some inches upwards. Like the yoke moves downwards when you click on the top of it. The real NGX doesn'thave this future. It is used in the sim to give the virtual captains a better view to the overheadpanel. Best regardsJonathan

Jay. Wenn you click on the projector it moves some inches upwards. Like the yoke moves downwards when you click on the top of it.The real NGX doesn'thave this future. It is used in the sim to give the virtual captains a better view to the overheadpanel. Best regards Jonathan
Ah thanks, I didn't know PMDG added that, I only checked the HGS for 1 minute when I first loaded the aircraft (folded it up and down a few times and enjoyed the crispness/collumination) and since haven't even had the HGS fitted (Virgin Blue -800WL). Might sound crazy but I want to learn the aircraft systems, flight modes and dynamics like the back of my hand before I venture into the HGS :)