Sign in to follow this  
Holgi

GS Information on the PFD is missing

Hello! The GS information on the PFD comes very very late, even when the GS info is already on the standby instrument and on the approach mode. See pic ngx-gsfu37.jpg Is this normal? I never have noticed it on other simulations (e.g. the old PMDG 737NG or PMDG MD11) before Thank you for your help,Holger

How far are you away from the airport? LOC comes in before GS. There is a 5 - 6 mile difference.

Hi, yes I know that but as you can see the GS signal is already on the approach mode but not on PFD. Is that normal? I never have noticed that on all other simulation I have. In this case I´m very close to the airport (downwind), just before turning left into base. Thanks,Holger

On the MD11 I get the GS dots when the LOC is available. The GS diamond then appears when the MD11 is closer to the airport. However if you are about to intercept the LOC and within a few miles of the airport you should have the GS.

I've noticed it too. I may be mistaken, but I think this is part of the design. On the ND, you can see that the diamond is not filled, it is just an outline to indicate that it is 'off scale'. As you intercept, it will first change to a filled diamond, and then it will start to move down. Offhand, I think when it becomes a filled diamond it appears on the PFD as well

On the MD11 this is true. When the diamond is at the top on the ND it is a hollow diamond then fills in as you intercept.

I've noticed it too. I may be mistaken, but I think this is part of the design. On the ND, you can see that the diamond is not filled, it is just an outline to indicate that it is 'off scale'. As you intercept, it will first change to a filled diamond, and then it will start to move down. Offhand, I think when it becomes a filled diamond it appears on the PFD as well
This is what I guess too. I think the diamond comes visible on the PFD when it is filled on the approach mode. Probably someone of the developer can confirm this!? Cheers,Holger

The G/S isn't displayed on the PFD because your heading and your course differ >90 degrees. CRS250 and HDG70 = no GS.

Matt Cee

The PFD does not show that you have intercepted the glideslope (IIRC "GS" should appear on the PFD when you have the glideslope), and your altitude shows that you indeed have not (3000 feet)). If you had intercepted,your altitude would be decreasing. It does say in the tutorial or introduction that the loc intercepts before the glideslope, as mentioned above. Of course if you are closer to the airport than the altitude indicates, you may have missed the glideslope or inadvertantly turned off the app. The fact that there is no light on the app button does not help to know if it is on or not. Of course you should have both FDs on, and have the loc on, and the ILS frequency on BOTH course indicators (may only be required for autoland). The writing on the PDF indicates that you are doing a hand landing. Henri

Henri Arsenault

Matt is right, GS information does not display on the PFD unless your track is within 90 degrees of the selected course and a valid glide slope signal is being received. If you were to tune your course to 070, you should see it come up on the PFD. From a 73NG manual:

not displayed when the track and the front course on the mode controlpanel differ by more than 90 degrees (backcourse).

Thank you guys! This was not on the older NG, so I was confused!