Sign in to follow this  
Andymk

Alarm on Takeoff

watch for yourself:

I think they have to deploy the spoilers manually.

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

To my mind it's not necesary to arm the spoiler Regards

Loïc Londinfer - FsFrance Project Mach 2 Concorde Team
Intel i7700K + MSI Z270 GAMING M7 + GTX 2080 Ti + 16Go DDR4 2133Mhz + Iiyama ProLite 27" On Win10 64Bits

Aaah, interesting. So are the spoilers not used in a RTO?
They are used, but they go automatically without being armed if you reject.

You don't have to arm the the speedbrake for take off. The spoilers come up as soon as you apply reverse thrust in case of an RTO. Here you can see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3jFdta5NL4&feature=related From the FCOM2 If the SPEED BRAKE lever is in the DOWN position during landing or rejectedtakeoff, the auto speed brake system operates when these conditions occur:• main landing gear wheels spin up (more than 60 kts)• both thrust levers are retarded to IDLE• reverse thrust levers are positioned for reverse thrust.The SPEED BRAKE lever automatically moves to the UP position and spoilersdeploy.

Hi all,I keep getting an alarm on take off, as soon as I activate TOGA, and I cant figure what Im doing wrong.Its a cycling buzzer alarm, no master caution thingy lights up.Flaps for set to 5 degrees, and match FMC.RTO armed, speed brake armed, V speeds show correctly.AT armed, FD on both side, LNAV, VNAV armed. Ive missed something, but I have no idea what. And I seem to keep doing it everytime. Any suggestions?
Check that you entered your planned cruise altitude on the pressurization panel on the overhead. This is the first FSX model that I've seen that actually enforces this. I got this warning though at 10000 ft not takeoff on my first flight.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

The only things that are linked to the takeoff configuration warning horn are the flaps and slats, parking brake, trim and speed brakes. The speed brakes must be down and the handle must be in the down position. Arming the speed brakes violates that last condition. Auto brakes, FMS entries and pressurization panels have nothing to do with it. During an RTO when main gear wheel speed is above 60 knots, throttles are at idle and the reversers are deployed the speed brakes will automatically deploy.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

It was indeed my fault, arming the speed brake. All good fun learning though isnt it! LOL.gif

Why would anyone want to arm speed brakes on takeoff ??? They are only armed for landing. Tred.

Why would anyone want to arm speed brakes on takeoff ??? They are only armed for landing. Tred.
Other aircraft such as the Airbus series have them armed on takeoff, its just a design thing.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Don't foget checking the pressurization panel, make sure the mode selector is not on MAN.
That's correct!! Helios flight 522 (Boeing 737-300) crashed due to this mistake. On the ground, maintenance crew were performing pressurisation-checks prior to the flight by setting the knob in manual. Flight crew did not notice this, and they left for the skies unpressurised causing hypoxia under crew and passagers. Luckaly you don't feel anything behind your computer eyhappy.png

I too kept getting the red alarm at least now I know what it is that makes the 747 go beserk when I start my take off roll. I'm used to Airbus so much.

The doors are also linked to the TO config horn and occasionally when you advance the thrust levers, the auto-locking on the overwing exits take a few seconds to engage and you may get the horn for a few seconds as well. Has happened to me about 3 times. This is a real-life quirk on the NG. I just wait a moment for it to clear before selecting TOGA.

That's correct!! Helios flight 522 (Boeing 737-300) crashed due to this mistake. On the ground, maintenance crew were performing pressurisation-checks prior to the flight by setting the knob in manual. Flight crew did not notice this, and they left for the skies unpressurised causing hypoxia under crew and passagers. Luckaly you don't feel anything behind your computer eyhappy.png

While you are correct that the pressurization mode selector should be in the AUTO position I will point out that this would not cause the configuration alarm on takeoff.  You would get the same alarm but not until much later, when the cabin altitude exceeded 10,000 feet.