Sign in to follow this  
Andymk

Alarm on Takeoff

Hi all,I keep getting an alarm on take off, as soon as I activate TOGA, and I cant figure what Im doing wrong.Its a cycling buzzer alarm, no master caution thingy lights up.Flaps for set to 5 degrees, and match FMC.RTO armed, speed brake armed, V speeds show correctly.AT armed, FD on both side, LNAV, VNAV armed. Ive missed something, but I have no idea what. And I seem to keep doing it everytime. Any suggestions?

Why is "speedbreak armed" a problem? Isn´t it a normal procedure in the Takeoff Checklist?

i just made a take off with spoilers armed, and i got a alarm too, ok looks like we dont need to arm them in the ngx thanks!

Aaah, interesting. So are the spoilers not used in a RTO?
They are used, but they go automatically without being armed if you reject.

You don't have to arm the the speedbrake for take off. The spoilers come up as soon as you apply reverse thrust in case of an RTO. Here you can see it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3jFdta5NL4&feature=related From the FCOM2 If the SPEED BRAKE lever is in the DOWN position during landing or rejectedtakeoff, the auto speed brake system operates when these conditions occur:• main landing gear wheels spin up (more than 60 kts)• both thrust levers are retarded to IDLE• reverse thrust levers are positioned for reverse thrust.The SPEED BRAKE lever automatically moves to the UP position and spoilersdeploy.

Hi all,I keep getting an alarm on take off, as soon as I activate TOGA, and I cant figure what Im doing wrong.Its a cycling buzzer alarm, no master caution thingy lights up.Flaps for set to 5 degrees, and match FMC.RTO armed, speed brake armed, V speeds show correctly.AT armed, FD on both side, LNAV, VNAV armed. Ive missed something, but I have no idea what. And I seem to keep doing it everytime. Any suggestions?
Check that you entered your planned cruise altitude on the pressurization panel on the overhead. This is the first FSX model that I've seen that actually enforces this. I got this warning though at 10000 ft not takeoff on my first flight.

The only things that are linked to the takeoff configuration warning horn are the flaps and slats, parking brake, trim and speed brakes. The speed brakes must be down and the handle must be in the down position. Arming the speed brakes violates that last condition. Auto brakes, FMS entries and pressurization panels have nothing to do with it. During an RTO when main gear wheel speed is above 60 knots, throttles are at idle and the reversers are deployed the speed brakes will automatically deploy.

Why would anyone want to arm speed brakes on takeoff ??? They are only armed for landing. Tred.