Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

RIP: David "Opa" Marshal

RIP "Opa". My condolences go out to all his family & friends. As is evident in this forum, there are certainly a lot of them. Brad

I am so sad to hear those news, I always was amazed by his passion and kindness to help everybody with anything. He has my deepest respect,.....RIP "Opa"

I'm sorry to hear of David's passing. He was a great member of our community and an example of our hobby's appeal to all ages. May he rest in Peace Regards, John

How sad ! The void he leaves will be almost impossible to fill. I've followed his posts since 2004 and cannot count the number of times his advice has saved my flightsim bacon. You are now in a special place so rest peacefully.Gary

Truly saddened to hear this news. David will surely be missed. My prayers and condolences to his family.

Alexander Alonso

This year has been very sad consequences first Billy Rutherford, and now David, I hope your soul find eternal rest, and my condolences to his family. the hole comunity are in mourning.

Wow. I talked to David a few times thru Avsim over the years. I always stayed in Plano when I was there for business. I would go to Frys there and look at all the sim stuff there since I have none near me. I always thought about pming David and seeing if he wanted to meet for dinner and talk about Flight Sim stuff but felt weird about it since I only knew in thru Avsim. I should have.
Same here. Since I live in Plano I had considered getting in contact with him at some point to see if he wanted to go have dinner sometime but never did since I though it might seem weird since I only new him thru the forum. In hindsight I wish I had since he probably lived within 10 miles of me. It's sad that he has passed and will be missed.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Very sad news to hear of the passing of a wonderful member of the Flight Sim Community.May one of the greats RIP.Condolences to his family.

I will miss David's voice of reason and common sense, as well as his willingness to share his considerable knowledge and experience. We have lost someone special. Thank you, Opa.

I pray that he rests in peace. He was such a helpful and active member of the community, and he was always nice. Fly high, you will be greatly missed.

Perhaps slightly OT but, the fact that this gentle, humble and helpful man chose Avsim as his virual home, reinforces just what a great place this is. So, my thanks to Tom AND the whole of the Avsim dedicated team for making this place what it is, AND for what it is NOT.

A shocking and incredibly sad bit of news. Kind, gentle, giving - just a few of the words one can use to describe Opa. Always willing to help, and always knowledgeable and yet humble too. A truly great human being who will be sadly missed by all of us. If there is such a thing as an "Aviator's Heaven" then Opa is there and soaring high.... Rest in peace old friendIan