Sign in to follow this  
steve howlett

wind noise volume adjust?

Hibought the NGX last night after reading the great post about it.this isn't a critisism just a preference.I would like to lower the volume of the wind noise in the VC,I know there is a sound file somewhere,but don't want to mess the NGX up:-)I also don't want to lower the enviroment settings in the sound folder as i like to hear the thunder in storms.(think this is the one that does it) thanks steve:-)

Set the sound levels in FSX to 50%, then adjust individual sounds from the FMC: MENU > PMDG SETUP > OPTIONS > SOUND > VOLUME LEVELS

Hi Steve, The 737 NGX wind sounds (there are three seperate wind sounds blended together - not one) are controlled by the FSX sound engine - I would suggest setting all FSX Sound Levels to "50" except ATC for optimal sound levels. However, if you don't want to reduce the FSX "Environment" sound slider then your only other option is to reduce the volume of the actual sound files - to do that you will need to reduce the sound of the following files - three for the cockpit and three for the wing views: .....\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG 737-800NGX\sound PMDG737NGX_WIND1.wavPMDG737NGX_WIND2.wavPMDG737NGX_WIND3.wavPMDG737NGX_WIND4.wavPMDG737NGX_WIND5.wavPMDG737NGX_WIND6.wav Back up your files before attempting any modification!!!! Whistle.gif

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Any chance this can be added as an option in an SP? I appreciate how loud wind/ambient air is in the real plane, but I'd like to tone it down a bit at my desk (since I hear it all day anyway) :)

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Any chance this can be added as an option in an SP? I appreciate how loud wind/ambient air is in the real plane, but I'd like to tone it down a bit at my desk (since I hear it all day anyway) :)
Sure! Buy you a set of Bose A20s!! J/k. Isn't there an option in the CDU to tone down the wind? Ambient or some other option?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I have a pair. And the ambient option doesn't directly change the wind/aerodynamic noise necessarily. See Armen's posted above.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I have noted the wind sound overwhelming the ATC voice ( default ATC ), as others have noted here. I have to try to reduce the wind sound, to be honest this bird is so incredible I'm reluctant to change anything! In most of the FSX aircraft ( Addon or stock), there is a section in the sound.cfg for wind sounds, where one can edit not only the volume but the airspeeds that trigger the wind sounds as well. I'm not at my FSX computer right now, but will try to check this tomorrow. Anyone else trying this please backup the sound..cfg file first!!Thanks, Bruce.

Hi,

any news in this topic? I would like decrease VC wind volume too...

Lucas

Of course, Kyle, sorry...

To do this:

then your only other option is to reduce the volume of the actual sound files - to do that you will need to reduce the sound...

...what software I need?

Lucas

Of course, Kyle, sorry...

No worries.

...what software I need?

I'm sure you could Google it. I haven't a clue since, to me, the current mixing is just fine.

Kyle Rodgers