Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RMA

A few issues...

Hi All Firstly just to say I'm very impressed overall with the new offering from PMDG. I've done a few flights now and I've noticed a few things with the aircraft, maybe 'bugs' maybe 'aircraft quirks'. Firstly though, a few issues with my setup in terms of performance etc: I've followed the introduction manual to the letter and ran my CFG through *******' tool. I've also been using (up until now) the external frame rate limiter. After a bit of testing I noticed that if I use the limiter locked on 30fps on a default a/c, I only get 15fps in the sim at a default airfield. However if I don't use the limiter and leave FSX set to unlimited fps, I get about 100. So I've been using the NGX without the limiter and I'm getting about 12fps at default airfields in the VC and about 20-30fps in the external view. The performance when airborne is pretty good and I have most sliders set towards the right, except AI traffic which is pretty low. (I'm using external AI traffic). So for the tech people amongst us, do these numbers sound reasonable with my setup? One thing that is very slow is going from External view to VC... It takes a good couple of seconds for the panel to display.... Another issue I seem to be getting is if I go into an FS menu, for example FSUIPC or time/date settings etc and I click OK or cancel to return to FSX, I get a black screen with a white mouse cursor and then nothing happens. When I switch out of the program I get the FSX is restarting message. Is this to do with system memory? Also, when in the VC the cursor seems to be flickering regularly, especially when I click to move a switch. It's bearable, just very annoying. Now to the aircraft itself.... Firstly, the CUTOUT button for the landing gear warning doesn't seem to work when I hit it. For example, when on final approach with flaps 15 set and gear up, I get that annoying horn but can't shut it off without lowering the gear. Is this modeled? When altering the brightness of the DUs, I can't seem to alter the Inboard ones (CPT and FO). When I do try to dim the screens, it only dims the data which is displayed (ie TERR) but not the black screen itself, so I have blotches over these two screens (the other DUs are fine). Now these next two points might just be my ignorance of the aircraft itself: 1) When in the cruise and setting the radio alt DH, the default value is the cruising altitude. Just completed a flight from KBFI-CYVR and at 17000ft I try to set 200ft on the DH and when I twist the knob, it starts at 17000ft and takes forever to get to 200ft. I tried hitting reset on the knob, hoping this would take it to 0ft but this had no effect. 2) During the climb in VNAV I levelled out at 15000ft as this was set in the MCP ALT window, so the autothrottle went into SPD mode. However M.055 appeared in the SPD window which is thought was strange for such a low altitude. So I hit C/O to try to select an airspeed, but this had no effect. Anyway, I got up to cruise altitude of 17000ft and hit SPD intervene, and the SPD window on the MCP showed knots, rather than Mach No. I hit C/O just to see if I could get it to show Mach at this point but it wouldn't swap over. I've had a look through various other threads in the forum to see if my questions have already been answered, but couldn't find anything, but I do apologise if this has been covered already. Thanks for sticking with me this far and a very well done to PMDG for an outstanding product. You never cease to amaze me! Regards

Ross Marsh

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3.2GHz

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX580

Windows Vista Home Premium 64x

Oh, something I forgot... I use two monitors, one main and one on the side for 2d panels such as the radio stack and CDU. Haven't had a problem before but with the NGX when I click on the side screen to use the 2d panels, the aircraft sound stops until I click back on the main monitor. Is this something that can be fixed? Thanks

Ross Marsh

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX580

Thanks for the quick reply, however I am running FSX in full screen mode with the CDU dragged across to the 2nd monitor. Ross

Ross Marsh

4GB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX580

Hi, I've exactly the same problem as Ross. Is there any trick to correct that "little" sound issue ? Thanks Cedric

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

45%
    $11,435.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now