Sign in to follow this  
Av-Fan

RNAV (RNP) Y RWY 13R

Just did a short hop from KPHX to KPSP. Had the aircraft fly the RNAV Y RWY 13R approach. It was very kick arse! Having never flown one of these in real life, I must say it was very cool watching the terrain go by. Aircraft flew it perfectly as far as I can tell. Here's a link to the approach if you want to try it yourself: http://aeronav.faa.g...00545RRY13R.PDF Thanks again PMDG! Matt Zagoren

I recall reading somewhere that the RNP stuff wouldn't be implemented until the 737-700 was ready, but maybe I'm mistaken? I guess I must be if you just flew an RNP approach ... smile.png

The approach was in the FMC database. Maybe the aircraft didn't fly it to RNP standards? It hit all the altitudes shown on the approach and stayed pretty close to the course shown on the ND. The only thing I needed to do was enter the speed restriction at HOPLI of 210 kts. Just before WASAK, I hit the APP button. At WASAK, approach mode engaged and the FAC and G/P annunciations were shown on the FMA. Maybe this isn't the same as a RNP approach? In case you can't tell my knowledge of RNP approaches is pretty thin... :) **** EDIT - The product page shows that RNP has been implemented: http://www.precisionmanuals.com/pages/product/ngx.html

At WASAK, approach mode engaged and the FAC and G/P annunciations were shown on the FMA. Maybe this isn't the same as a RNP approach?
The system you used there was IAN (Integrated Approach Navigation). The system generates fake localizer and glide slope indications based off IRS/GPS position. It requires high position accuracy to accomplish, but it is still a NON-PRECISION APPROACH. It enables lower minimums on an NPA than would otherwise exist. Best regards,Robin.

RNP is enabled on the current release of the 737NGX though, isn't it?

I flew the Z approach into PSP, although I hand flew it and did not hit the approach, instead just flew using the HUD. Works well. THere might be some details that are not included yet, I am not sure, RNP is not something I am very knowledgeable about, but flying into KPSP and being able to use the Rnav approaches and have the FD actually correctly respond to the waypoints, unlike other addons that will actually guide you to fly in circles and turn the wrong direction, is very very nice.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

I flew the Z approach into PSP, although I hand flew it and did not hit the approach, instead just flew using the HUD. Works well. THere might be some details that are not included yet, I am not sure, RNP is not something I am very knowledgeable about, but flying into KPSP and being able to use the Rnav approaches and have the FD actually correctly respond to the waypoints, unlike other addons that will actually guide you to fly in circles and turn the wrong direction, is very very nice.
Agreed Scott.

Can differing RNP values be entered into the CDU?
Yep. Think it's on progress page number 4. Might be able to adjust it elsewhere, but I know you can get to it there as well.