Sign in to follow this  
JimboG

Make LINDA running (with NGX)

HI there, Very grateful to be able to use this - I used to use SerialFP2 with my VRi and another 737 add-on. I've installed the latest FSUIPC 4.719, installed LINDA, everything seems to be in order, the settings are all showing as "Everything is OK" The 737NGX is loaded at the Active Runway 09 in Jersey and I am running on APU power. LINDA (NGX Module loaded via FSX Sync) has interfaced with FSX and FSUIPC as I can see that the displays are enaged and it is showing me my correct heading, speed and altitude. (The VRi display evens shows a quick "Rdy!" in the display and the LINDA Console looks clean of errors. However, when I turn the knobs on my VRi nothing happens on the 7373NGX panel, in fact no button seems to be operational. I think I missed something in the configuration but everythings looks OK. Does anyone know what I may have missed? Thanks very much. Kind regards, James Gillies

James, try to load something simple like default Cessna and check if any dials/buttons on MCP work at all. Then we'll decide what the next step to do.. (and I will move your request to the support forum little later).

Artem Crum, EASA PPL
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LINDA Lua Integrated Non-complex Device Assigning

Hello Artem, Thanks for your help, I will use the support forum next time as requested - I found this thread on a search - apologies! I can confirm that the defaulkt Cessna works perfectly, with FSXsync it picked it up and I can see the knobs working on the AP exactly as they show on the panel. One thing I did notice after estarting my machine again and loading the 737NGX was that I started getting a "DSP! LOCK" on the VRi - I don't know what thay means but I shall keep looking at this in case it is relevant. Thanks again for your quick response. Kind regards, James Gillies

Working Cessna and DSP LOCK indication with NGX module loaded is a good sign!This means that LINDA works as it should. Next step is to check if assignment are really made for this module. The NGX module is in pre-release state and the assignments config file should be "installed" manually. Check your FSX/Modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/PMDG 737NGX folder and rename the config-mcp.lua.def to config-mcp.lua. And then try to load NGX again.

Artem Crum, EASA PPL

Hello Artem, Yes this did the trick, thanks very much, it works verfy well indeed, most impressed! Thanks again. Kind regards, James Gillies

You're welcome!

Artem Crum, EASA PPL