Sign in to follow this  
Edu_Rubini

Why such different FPS...

Why do some people are experiencing better frame rates with the NGX and some much worse ones than with the Queen? Is it already known?

But I mean, if the NGX is more optimized for performance than the Queen, shouldn't it run better than the 747 in all PCs?

Oh, I get it. Yeah, so I think no NGX for me then... If I get 8-10 FPS with the queen, forget about it. Thanks for the fast reply though!Eduardo Rubini ( forgot to sign my name in the other two!)

Eduardo, It would help if you mentioned what kind of system you have (what kind of CPU, RAM, Video Card) and we would be able to help you. Personally I have a system as outlined in my specs below and I get slightly better FPS with the NGX than with the 747. The NGX is an extremely optimized simulation given its complexity in visual modelling and aircraft systems. In other words, the NGX has so much more detail and complexity as the 747 yet optimized. Different types of computers have different "mileage" due to the choice of hardware. The majority of our customers are satisfied with the framerate on the NGX, and we have included a section with the NGX documentation on how to squeeze performance out of FSX. So... tell me what your computer specs are.

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I had the impression that the MD11 was supposed to be the same fps as the NGX. It was even said that it would outperform the md11

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Thanks for the reply Jason. I don't know all the systems for sure, but they are much older than anyone else's pc here. I have a Intel Core 2 Duo, with a 7200 Nvidia card (I think, can't check though because I am traveling) and can't remember the other things. Anyways, it is 3 years old, so I guess it is too old.Eduardo Rubini

Why do some people are experiencing better frame rates with the NGX and some much worse ones than with the Queen? Is it already known?
Eduardo, it's nearly impossible to compare apples to apples in the FSX world. Beside nearly infinite possible combinations of in-game settings, there are nearly infinite combinations of hardware. I find the NGX, on the whole, performs on my system about the same as the 747, MAYBE slightly better, though I will guess even THAT is situation-dependent. Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Eduardo, a Core2Duo is not bad. Maybe you graphicscard is not the best choice, but I think it should run on your system. The manual provides some fsx.cfg optimization options and there are many other fsx.cfg tuning tutorials in the internet.With the help of these I think you can get much more fps.

How much video card memory is needed to run 737NGX flawlessly on 32-bit Windows? I ask because maybe this it is real source of incomplete aircraft's model loadings...

supporter.jpgpilot.gif

How much video card memory is needed to run 737NGX flawlessly on 32-bit Windows? I ask because maybe this it is real source of incomplete aircraft's model loadings...
I'm afraid it will take a lot more than video card memory to run the 737NGX flawless on 32-bit Windows.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

64-Bit Windows is highly recommended for Complex PMDG Aircraft. MD-11X, 747-400X, and 737-NGX. CPU is responsible for about 75% of your Frame Rates and the Video Card 25%. Here is a very interesting FSX Hardware Tutorial I found that was very helpful to me. http://forum.avsim.net/topic/321806-how-fsx-works-and-how-performance-is-affected-by-different-hardware-explained/