Sign in to follow this  
Stupi97

Crazy Exterior Model, and Autobrakes Problem

Good day everyone,I've tested the new 737NGX so much, but now I have a little problem with the outside model.Please take a look at this:fehler.PNGCan you help me on this one? Also the beacon (red) lights arem't flashing anymore. They are all the time "on".Is it something that I have to change with the "PMDG Setup? Next Problem:After landing, I want to turn off the Autobreakes, but it doesn't work. The Plane does reduce the speed to minimum (=0knots). Even if I give 60% Thrust, the plane stands on its place. I can fix that Problem only with setting Parkingbreaks, and release them again. But after that, I can't brake the 737NGX anymore. That's ....urghhhh. I hope you can help and understand me, because I am from Germany.Thank you very much. Niklas

This is the SATCOM antenna, you can enable/diabel it from FMC options. As for the beacons, how you loaded the aircraft? For the A/B are you using any pedals? Have you read the Introduction pdf?

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Satcom antenna, ok. Thanks! I know where I can change that smile.png How I loaded the aircraft. Hm, well I loaded the aircraft from Cold&Dark modus rolleyes.gif .Do you mean Airberlin for A/B? I'm not sure. I'm just using a normal Joystick. I din't read all 130 pages, but most of them.I couldn't solve the problem with the Autobreaks until now. sleep.png

Do you have a default flight with NGX when you start FSX? Try to select the NGX you want to fly from Free flight menu and tell us if you see the beacons ON all the time. As it is written on the introduction page 22 you must load teh NGX "carefully" . I presume your NGX looks like that becasue of tehy way you loaded it on FSX. As for Auto Brakes do you try to disable them with the period key? If yes you need to press the key for around 1 sec to diable the autobraking. Momentarely press will not disengae it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

No, my default flight is with the Trike at EDDM. There are parking brakes set, and the "engine" doesn't run.I start my flight with selecting the NGX in free flight modus. The engines are running, and the beacon is also on. Then I select Cold&Dark. If I turn on the beacons again, it is still not flashing. I try to disable the A/B wink.png with Setting the switch to "OFF". At the moment, at which I make Touchdown, I presse the period key to reduce the speed.

So. I've solved the Problem with the beacon lights. I do not know how, but it works now.I landed today again in EDDF, and I still have the problem with the A/B.I tell you how I did it.The Plane touched down and I didn't press any key except F2 for Reversthrust. At 40 knots I turned the Autobreakswitch to off, but the Plane did reduce its speed to minimum.

). Even if I give 60% Thrust, the plane stands on its place. I can fix that Problem only with setting Parkingbreaks, and release them again. But after that, I can't brake the 737NGX anymore

Moving the autobrake switch to OFF will not disable the activated autobrakes. You MUST hit the brakes TWICE. Since you're not using rudder pedals, that means pressing the "." (period) key twice. A quick double-tap won't do it...you must do it as Chris described, for a full second.

Best Regards,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

Pinner, Middx, UK

Beta tester for PMDG J41, NGX, and GFO, Flight1 Super King Air B200, Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang, Flight1 Cessna 182, Flight1 Cessna 177B, Aeroworx B200

Won't stowing the spoilers also stop autobraking? I seem to recall that after I touchdown and decel, if I close the reversers and stow the spoilers, the autobraking action ceases and I can continue a smooth roll to runway exit. I should note that I get a AB disarmed light when doing this (not at sim PC to doublecheck atm).

I guess I'm not alone to discover about this autobrake problem... I was just surprised that they would not disengage even after rotating the switch to OFF position.

So I tested it again. I am disabeling the A/B now with the master switch, and a 2 secound press to the (.) key. But the same problem as before!!!!