Sign in to follow this  
Heliguy

Specs for FSX questions and HDD/SSD Order

Hi guys I have just ordered a rig to build (specs in the signature) and i would like to know what kind of FPS do you get with these types of hardware. I have seen FSX vids of builds with components like mine with decent FPS in the 30s on highest settings and i want to do that to set all the settings on there maximum with a frame rate intensive plane and really intensive scenery is this possible with this build? Also i have bought a hybird SSD along with a 1TB Samsung F3 (Currently the fastest HDD in the market) what would the best way about doing things with this be because the Hybird is actually slower then the F3 but is it also, Do i install the OS and FSX on the Hybird as the boot drive or do i just use the Hybird for storage and run the games and OS off the F3. Thanks in advance for your help guysHeliguy

I would put your OS on the 500GB drive along with all programs except FSX and FSX addons. I would put FSX and FSX addons on the 1TB drive. I would make two partitions, the first (outside of the platter) for FSX at 700GB and the second (inside of the platter) at 300GB. The 300GB would be to install FSX programs like GEX that are only a data base and do not have to be installed on the FSX drive partition. You can also use the 300GB partition for storage and backup.

Ok thankyou @idahosurge i know how im going to do it know anyways i am going to use the 500GB for OS+FSX and all things that i want respoinsive tongue.png and all the data+other programs on the 1TB tongue.png.