Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Programming a DME ARC?

Hello, I figured out how to program a User defined fix in the FMC (WP degree/distance), but haven't managed to program a DME Arc... Anybody an idea or maybe you could point me to the pages for FMC programming in the FCOM... I couldn't find them...are there one? Many thanks ...

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not yet implemented in the NGX. Due to the Navigraph database not containing a procedure database but only SID/STAR, Airports, WPT Fixes and Navaids. But I thought this was also on the planning for future service packs. EDIT: What you can do though is OR enter the Navaid Identifier in the FIX page and enter the distance of the arc as /<Distance> on the ---/--- below RAD/DIS and follow the green dashed circle with HDG SEL. Or go to the legs page and enter for example the points: SPL280/25, SPL270/25 SPL260/25 to create fixes on the intersections of the radials 280, 270 and 260 with the 25DME ARC. So you create fixes on the 25DME arc, and this way your LNAV can fly them for you ;) Of course how smaller the intervals of the radials, the preciser it will be ;)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

It will never be implemented because there is no option to program DME arcs. You could fake one with multiple PBD waypoints just as you said. What will be implemented are RF legs. Assuming there will be navdata that supports it, the NGX should fully support RNP approaches by then. This has nothing to do with DME arcs. sig.gif

You can set an range on the fix page and follow that with hdg
That''s what I stated ;)
It will never be implemented because there is no option to program DME arcs. You could fake one with multiple PBD waypoints just as you said. What will be implemented are RF legs. Assuming there will be navdata that supports it, the NGX should fully support RNP approaches by then. This has nothing to do with DME arcs. sig.gif
Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I read somewhere that RF Legs but also DME Arcs or Procedure turns were going to be implemented. But maybe I'm wrong ;)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

EDIT: What you can do though is OR enter the Navaid Identifier in the FIX page and enter the distance of the arc as /<Distance> on the ---/--- below RAD/DIS and follow the green dashed circle with HDG SEL.
that was what I searched for ... thanks!!!

Guenter Steiner

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester

I'm not saying the FMS can't fly DME arcs (actually I don't know, one more item on the to-do list), there's just no way to manually program one whenever it's not yet in the procedure stored in the navigation database. Same goes for RF legs (to my knowledge). sig.gif

The plane CAN perform DME ARC only if it's preset as a SID/STAR.Programming ourselves: Only with multiple entries of Fixes along the arc (same range, 10 degrees radial difference).Same as in reality.

And how about course reversal approaches? Is there a way to manually program them into FMC?

Just use your NAV radios and the VOR EFIS.. Very neat on the NGX actually :)

Thats what I did eventually! :) but wondered whether its also possible via FMC..

Talking about VOR EFIS - is the HUGS HSI, especially CDI working for anyone here during VOR operation? sig.gif

The plane CAN perform DME ARC only if it's preset as a SID/STAR.Programming ourselves: Only with multiple entries of Fixes along the arc (same range, 10 degrees radial difference).Same as in reality.
we do not need double answers. I explained that 10 posts earlier ;)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

Talking about VOR EFIS - is the HUGS HSI, especially CDI working for anyone here during VOR operation? sig.gif
No it is not. At least not for me. I posted a question about this once before. VRTodd

ATP MEL

Commercial SEL

B-747, BE-300, BE-400, DHC8, ERJ 170/190, MU-300

C-17A Globemaster III