Sign in to follow this  
TurbofanDude

Panel freeze - WE KNOW THE REASON

I've found NO way to get out of the freeze issue, Alt+enter doesn't work for me, I've tried everything suggested with no success.. So frustrating at this point, sure hope they send some test fixes out soon, though that doesn't guarantee I'll be one who receives a test dll. Would be nice as I'm leaving for vacation in a few days and have only managed ONE full flight without this problem. Pretty much useless at this point. Such a shame. Hate to complain but man, this is just beyond a pain in my rear.

I've found NO way to get out of the freeze issue, Alt+enter doesn't work for me, I've tried everything suggested with no success.. So frustrating at this point, sure hope they send some test fixes out soon, though that doesn't guarantee I'll be one who receives a test dll. Would be nice as I'm leaving for vacation in a few days and have only managed ONE full flight without this problem. Pretty much useless at this point. Such a shame. Hate to complain but man, this is just beyond a pain in my rear.
yeah, I to have now tried everything. It is very frustrating and I would love to test anything that might fix the issue. I'm very curious as to why it does not seem to happen on some systems and on others it happens almost every flight.Andres Zapata

I've been playing around with routing and planning (rather than play around with just systems) and now I am constantly getting the freezing sad.png It seems to be related to flight plans/plan mode and CDU inputs for me (closing discontinuities etc), I hope these hot fixes come soon because I don't think I can do any planned flights until it's fixed. EDIT Alt-Enter doesn't fix it for me either.

My latest try at KLAS MCCRN3 HEC KAYOH4 KSNA did not freeze after 4 tries and what I did differently was to use ground power until after the CDU was fully programmed and then I started the APU. I will try this again.

My latest try at KLAS MCCRN3 HEC KAYOH4 KSNA did not freeze after 4 tries and what I did differently was to use ground power until after the CDU was fully programmed and then I started the APU. I will try this again.
Hmm thanks for the heads up, I will try also (been using APU).

That makes sense, as I have been using grd pwr until pushback, and have only experienced one panel freeze (on a flight that didn't have grd pwr). Good idea Andres!

Collin Biedenkapp
Chief Executive Officer
TFDi Design (Invernyx) | Website

Sorry, but when I got my freeze I had done all CDU programming on ground power before turning on the APU.I doubt it's related to ground power at all.

Well I decided to forget loading a flight plan and rather practice some rejected takeoffs (which somehow my brakes fail only after slowing down barely below 100kts on the first attempt...) and after I taxied back to the gate I thought I would attempt to load a flight plan... well it worked this time, edited the whole thing how I wanted and no freezing. Although If I start again (new flight) it still freezes.

But when u talk about "freezes" you refer to' the fact that the screens don't update themselves.. Or you refer to another thing?

Panel freeze (except some EFIS range functions) plus the loss of many CDU pages and loss of scratchpad/lights etc.

The same to me.. But when i click for ex. on the PFD to' let it popup this isn't frozen.. And i can land in this way.. Is it the same for you?

I haven't tried because I haven't got to the stage where I was able to make a full flight plan and fly it yet, only once did I get to finalise my plan on the ground was after some RTO's, but I didn't fly the plan. Next time I try entering the plan and it freezes I will see if the pop up PFD is ok. edit actually I will try it again now.

To ne the freeze of the PFD, the ND and so on, occurs when i' m in short final... The plane starts descending but i can't see the GS moving down.. So i have to' pop up the PFD and follow the descent in this way..

I tried and it froze again however the PFD was also frozen even when I used the popup. I think our problems while have the same result are triggered in different ways are slightly different. With mine it is related to the CDU,Plan EFIS mode, Leg, dep/arr pages.