Sign in to follow this  
Kosta

NGX EZCA Profiles

Has anyone had any issues setting up aircraft views? I've been trying to get my external cameras set up (v1.17) but every time I do so they default to an 'outside' view. I get a view of the world fully zoomed out and no matter how I try to change the view whilst in 'edit' mode it still defaults to this view. Short of deleting the 'outside' views from my camera.cfg file (which I don't want to do) I am at a loss as to what to do. I've tried importing Word Not Allowed's aircraft views but it makes no difference. It's not a deal breaker for me as I have most of my VC cameras set up, but I'm wasting time messing around with these external views when I should be flying the beautiful NGX!!
I've read the post couple of times but really have troubles understanding what the problem is!Let me describe just how it works here:I enter the sim, and have my VC set.I can go through 3 camera views, those are VC, FSX Spot, EZDok external by pressing S.In VC and FSX spot I can still use A and shift+A as usual.In EZDok view, I can press D and F (that's what I have EZDok set at) to exchange cameras. Or press ctrl+1-0 on the main numeric keyboard.I can also press Nr. 1-0 to change VC views.I have nothing reverting anywhere. For instance, if I leave EZdok at wingview, I can still go back to my main VC view, and then exchange with S between VC - FSX-Spot - EZdok-WingView.I don't know if this helps...Also I made sure ALL my keys that are assigned in EZdok are 100% deleted from FSX. They are all free.

^^ Hi Word Not Allowed, I'm not sure what you are referring to here? I have all of my keys set up in EZdok and I have calshing keys deleted in FSX. I've fooloed evertyhing in the EZdok manual but I'm still having issues with Aircraft views. I don't seem to be able to edit them. They default to an 'Outside' view rather than an 'aircraft' view. I tried importing your spot view as an aircraft view, but it does the same thing - it defaults to an outside view. I'm wondering if this is happening because I modified the existing B737 setup that cam with EZdok for the FSX 737? Maybe I should try from scratch (don't really want to though!!)...

Ed Haslam

Maybe I should try from scratch (don't really want to though!!)...
If you want to play around with your existing set up and are worried about loosing what you have at the moment. Or you want to start from scratch and have the option of coming back to where you are now, just create a profile folder and name to what you want, then save your present camera set and effects files into this folder. This way, if you screw up or give up, you can just import them back and you are back where you started.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Yeah, I was planning on doing that, but really I was hoping for a quick fix. I'd rather be flying the 'X than messing around with camera views again!

Ed Haslam

I hear you. I havn't even gotten around to my outside views yet, but delayed so that i could fly. I know i am eventually going to be in the same position as you because right now i don't have much of a clue. Was kinda hoping it was simillar to the cockpit set up procedure because i didn't have a problem with that.

Rick Hobbs

Yeah, me too. Thought it would be an easy fix! I've posted over in the EZdok forum so I'll let you know if I get it fixed.

Ed Haslam

Yeah, me too. Thought it would be an easy fix! I've posted over in the EZdok forum so I'll let you know if I get it fixed.
Hey thanks. I'd appreciate that.

Rick Hobbs

Has anyone had any issues setting up aircraft views? I've been trying to get my external cameras set up (v1.17) but every time I do so they default to an 'outside' view. I get a view of the world fully zoomed out and no matter how I try to change the view whilst in 'edit' mode it still defaults to this view. Short of deleting the 'outside' views from my camera.cfg file (which I don't want to do) I am at a loss as to what to do. I've tried importing Word Not Allowed's aircraft views but it makes no difference. It's not a deal breaker for me as I have most of my VC cameras set up, but I'm wasting time messing around with these external views when I should be flying the beautiful NGX!!
I had the same problem, no matter what I did, I had only the top down view, and it was zoomed all the way out, and the zoom was 1.00. Even after zooming in to 23.00 it was still so far, I couldn't change the view. But I ran the EZCA config again and it was fixed. I thought I was having the problem because maybe I must have forgotten to run it once more when I re-installed NGX, because as soon as I ran it, the views were restored. Did you by any means re-install? Even if not, try to run the config again. It might fix it. Mine is fine right now. Cheers

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Thanks for the file. I am new to Ezdok. Could you tell how I can install the file? Thanks.Nic
Hi Nic. Start FSX, Start a flight with your NGX. Go to the Addons menu and pick EzDok and open the Profile editer. Then go to the file menu in the editer and pick "LOAD CAMERA SET" and browse to the folder that you unzipped the file to.Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Guest Turboblower

As Rick said, and make sure you are in windows mode, not full screen.

Good stuff. Yes i have a subscription and just hadn't been over there for a few weeks. Thanks for the heads up.Regards,
No probs mate. Let me know if it sorts out the problem. Annoyingly I'm away forth next few days so I won't get a chance to try it.

Ed Haslam