Sign in to follow this  
Roman

IVAO/SB mode C support

Hello,will the NGX support Squawkbox/IVAO client, when I switch Squawk mode C, as it has been in all other add-ons, in future? This is one of the biggest problem in my NGX at the moment ;). Hopefully it will be fixed! Thanks in advance.

So far, this isn't an issue with PMDG as much as it's an issue with SB. The older versions of SquawkBox used FSUIPC to connect and check data between it and the sim. The latest version of SB uses SimConnect, which I believe is what causes the issue of not displaying the change between the aircraft and SB. The other thing is that VATSIM's support for transponders is essentially boolean (on/off), whereas the NGX (among others) use several different modes (Off, Standby, Transponder/Mode-C/Alt, and Mode-S with TA/RA). It's not so hard to program around, in that you could define Off/Standby as Standby in SB, and the rest as NORM, but it's not simming to the full effect. You're better off arguing for a better pilot client. Then again, I don't have the biggest background in developing, so I could be wildly off.

Kyle Rodgers

So far, this isn't an issue with PMDG as much as it's an issue with SB. The older versions of SquawkBox used FSUIPC to connect and check data between it and the sim. The latest version of SB uses SimConnect, which I believe is what causes the issue of not displaying the change between the aircraft and SB.
I don't use Squawkbox, I am using IvAp. Switching transponder from standby into active in the PMDG MD11X works very well, so it can't be any version-issue with Squawkbox or IvAp.

in my SB transponder works OK, when I switch to TA/RA, SB activates mode C... I agree we need better VATSIM client, because SB make to much impact on my already to low fps Lj. Prodanovic

Ok, maybe it is working for Squawkbox, but definitely not working with IvAp (for me and all my colleagues). ;)